secondary air system

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 06:19 PM
hcrubg
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default secondary air system

I have an 05 cayenne s
recently had to replace water line beneath manifold, what a crappy part(porsche should be ashamed),
anyway, on startup I heard a thumping, traced it to passenger side secondary air pump
when I take off the hose to the pump it is pulsating. I can close it with my finger and the pulsating stops
which would makes me think the control valve is bad
does this seem right?
don't want to tackle this without being sure

thanks
Old 09-18-2022, 07:36 PM
Mongler04
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

there are MANY vacuum lines (hard and rubber) that go everywhere.. the evap purge POS is by far the hardest to keep from leaking. i suggest you start there.
here is a DIY i made for fixing it.
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-070-03-a.html

I also had an issue with the brake booster line that had split... not hard to replace and seems to be a common place of failure. i ended up replacing everything because i had the same issue you did but i have no idea what ultimately it was but it must have been a combination of all the leaks.

when you were replacing the line... did you replace the 3 pipes? or are they still plastic?
you may want to understand why the 955 and 957 BOTH have a horible coolant system with the expantion tank issue and the 955 you have and its flawed coolant pipes. redoing the coolant system is a MUST for them now... all the hard plastics... and all the hoses and WP. take 4.8 gallons.. and is tricky to flush PROPERLY. coolant is only good for 4 years, 80k whatever comes first.
I also Suggest examining this thread
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...other-end.html

Last edited by Mongler04; 09-18-2022 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 02:51 PM
phatz
Three Wheelin'

Received 179 Likes on 137 Posts

swap pumps ...did it follow?

happening when warm?

Quick Reply: secondary air system