Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panoramic sunroof problems...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 12:59 PM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

This Thread is already some years old but maybe somebody could give me a idea before i take it to the shop. The pano roof had worked proper but now suddenly the draft deflector doesnt move at all. It isnt closed completely, stays some mm higher than it should be when its closed. I try the learning process and everything what is written in the manual.
Nothing helps to make the deflector even moving. It is stuck in this position. If someone has a idea what i could try, will be glad. Thank you
Old 02-16-2014, 01:42 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

717, congrats on the self-repair. I admit I hardly use mine. I, as well as plenty of others, get a small squeak around the wind deflector when closed. I've tried lubing it all, including Silicone grease on all of the seals, and felt pads under the headliner. It is an old thread but you might try a PM to 717 as it sounds like he fixed his without having to take it to the dealer.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by ekstroemtj
This Thread is already some years old but maybe somebody could give me a idea before i take it to the shop. The pano roof had worked proper but now suddenly the draft deflector doesnt move at all. It isnt closed completely, stays some mm higher than it should be when its closed. I try the learning process and everything what is written in the manual.
Nothing helps to make the deflector even moving. It is stuck in this position. If someone has a idea what i could try, will be glad. Thank you
Hey ekstroemt I realized that after I had disassembled some of it that I didn't actually fix anything. Im almost certain that the problem was a rubber seal on the front of the sunroof underneath the front wind deflector had come unglued on the end and bent which was keeping the wind deflector from closing sometimes. Check to see if that rubber seal is bent on yours.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:41 AM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Boeing 717....

Thank you for giving me this information. If you agree, i would like to contact you again by email to ask you about details. Thank you again
Old 03-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Pjkram
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default panoramic roof opening problem

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
Hey guys our Pano sunroof wont operate correctly. The problem lies somewhere in the wind deflector as it is getting jammed somehow. The motor works fine and the middle portion of the sunroof will open but thats all. Has anyone dissasembled one of these things???? I think that maybe a cable or somthing is bound up somewhere that probably isnt too hard to fix but im a little scared of tearing into this thing.
I have exactly the same issue, I removed the 1st pane but the deflector is jammed solid and will not move even when using the manual operation. I can't see what is causing it to jam is there a way of removing the deflector is this what you did?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:37 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Looking at a Cayenne at the moment that has identical symptoms to Boeing 717's during the original post.

Is there any more information on this?

More info on the car I'm looking at will follow, but this is a pretty big big one in my case... so if this is a complicated or expensive issue, I may look for another one. Most other things on the car are in good shape. PPI later this week.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:33 PM
TurboS957
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
717, congrats on the self-repair. I admit I hardly use mine. I, as well as plenty of others, get a small squeak around the wind deflector when closed. I've tried lubing it all, including Silicone grease on all of the seals, and felt pads under the headliner. It is an old thread but you might try a PM to 717 as it sounds like he fixed his without having to take it to the dealer.
Mine is also getting this small squeak, any known cures yet? I've also tried silicone, then talc powder without success.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:46 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboS957
Mine is also getting this small squeak, any known cures yet? I've also tried silicone, then talc powder without success.
This is typical of most pano roofs. I too tried everything and my better half finally rolled up a travel magazine and stuffed it up there and voila, no more squeak! It looks completely cheesy and I have to re-roll the magazine once in a while, but no more noise.

I am going to grab a piece of high-density foam and try that route, but I am not optimistic. Despite that, and the fact that it occasionally gets stuck, I really love the Pano roof!

Cheers
TomF
Old 05-13-2015, 01:17 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Bumping this one up to see if anyone has found any solutions besides 717's for this. After chiming in how mine worked great, it is suddenly not. The first pane pops up for a second but then seems to get stuck and come right back down. I can open the last pane just fine and the front wind deflector is not popping up so maybe that is the culprit.

Eventually will take it apart, but need to get my 951s on the road again so I have a back up in case I can't get it back together in time to use it.

Yet another issue with my PIG, but it has not shaken the love I have for it!
Old 05-13-2015, 02:09 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by clubracer6
Bumping this one up to see if anyone has found any solutions besides 717's for this. After chiming in how mine worked great, it is suddenly not. The first pane pops up for a second but then seems to get stuck and come right back down. I can open the last pane just fine and the front wind deflector is not popping up so maybe that is the culprit.

Eventually will take it apart, but need to get my 951s on the road again so I have a back up in case I can't get it back together in time to use it.

Yet another issue with my PIG, but it has not shaken the love I have for it!
Use the reset procedure outlined in an other thread here. It is also possible that the seals have stuck together. This happens frequently when the seals are not lubricated regularly with a high-grade silicone product. Sometimes very "gently" pushing up on the errant pane will help unstick the seals, but do so at your own risk!

Hope you find a solution.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 05-13-2015, 05:07 PM
x98boardwell
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I had a similar issue to the original poster. The dealer just had to adjust the tracks as they had shifted for some reason and were binding up of angled medial towards the inside the car which caused the motor to strain and not allow the front window and deflector to close so afterwards it works fine and hasn't been an issue since. Figured I would add my experience if it possibly could help someone.

When the OP took his system apart and then back together maybe the tracks sat back in the correct spot with the removal and install... IDK but who knows.

Best of luck!
Old 05-13-2015, 07:44 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you both.

I did the reset bit, which is how I got the last panel moving again which wasn't when this happened. Also tried pushing up on it to help but didn't want to push too hard. I might try to find an indy shop that is familiar with it.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:32 PM
x98boardwell
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

The dealer took an hour or less to fix (my problem was simple) but I would be cautious with taking it to an indy due the lack of Pano roof models out there. I would be fearful the indy would charge for time to fix which most of it would be them figuring out how to fix and how the system works which you would be paying for. May make sense with this one for the dealer to look at it... Best of luck!
Old 05-14-2015, 05:55 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by x98boardwell
I had a similar issue to the original poster. The dealer just had to adjust the tracks as they had shifted for some reason and were binding up of angled medial towards the inside the car which caused the motor to strain and not allow the front window and deflector to close so afterwards it works fine and hasn't been an issue since. Figured I would add my experience if it possibly could help someone.

When the OP took his system apart and then back together maybe the tracks sat back in the correct spot with the removal and install... IDK but who knows.

Best of luck!
Dealer adjusted it as well which solved the issue. Prior to that they had to change the control panel ecu that controls the panoroof because it wasn't doing when you move the dial adjustment. Mike
Old 05-22-2015, 07:44 AM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

This is a old post but i would like to ask a related question.
My pano is making problems from the very first day i have the car. 2 front Panels move but dont open.
This weekend i try to fix it with a manual mechanism and the special
key which is located under the arm rest-
Unfortunately someone before me was already working on this place and damaged
the screw. Picture left side / passenger side.
Somebody has an idea what i can do?

Quick Reply: Panoramic sunroof problems...