Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 2010 or 2011?

Any thoughts?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6967
Old 02-16-2009, 07:34 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 182 Posts

Pretty sure this is a 2011 model year that will be introduced in spring 2010. It would be highly unusual to launch a mechanical update and facelift in 2008 and then launch an entirely new model only 2 model years later.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:09 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 02-17-2009, 02:32 AM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they girlie it up and make it like the one in the pics if im reading press about the "new" cayenne right it will loose ALOT of it's offroad ability therefore making it a lexus rx350 with a porsche badge .....and in that sense im glad I got my 06 model which i think is the best looking year so far 03-06.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:33 AM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
If they girlie it up and make it like the one in the pics if im reading press about the "new" cayenne right it will loose ALOT of it's offroad ability therefore making it a lexus rx350 with a porsche badge .....and in that sense im glad I got my 06 model which i think is the best looking year so far 03-06.
Warning....
Sadly, I fear marketing pressures, as exemplified routinely on this forum, will lead to the "disembowelment" of the Cayenne. I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner, although the GTS was certainly a step in that direction. IMHO, the Cayenne was an interesting (I almost used the word "noble," but didn't want to raise Lewis' blood pressure too high) experiment in optimizing the street performance of a reasonably off-road-capable SUV. As it turns out, far more folks were interested in the Porsche moniker and having an SUV that "looked" like a sports car than in having ANY off-road ability, and VERY few folks wanted to take such an expensive vehicle off the pavement, once they had it. Add to that the design and size limitations for many who need to carry/tow more than the Cayenne can manage, as well as the assorted gremlins of early years, and it seems to me that the "ideal" target audience for the design goal of the Cayenne shrank even further. Though I am a diehard proponent of the pleuripotential approach, I confess that I wouldn't own a Cayenne for very long if I had bought something other than the CTT-PK when I did, because the ridiculous speed (for an SUV) makes it easier for me to accept its limitations as an SUV. But I also would not have kept it long if it didn't have at least a modicum of off-road ability. Alas, most Cayenne purchasers are just looking for a "cool-looking" jacked-up station wagon (JUSW), and a subset of those are willing to spend even more money for a turbo (really frickin' fast jacked-up station wagon - RFFJUSW). If you think the off-road capability is of any great significance in Cayenne sales, just compare the number of posts on this forum regarding off-road trips versus posts for lowering modules and 22" wheels.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:41 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Noble?
In the Cayenne forum?

The ONLY acceptable use of the term 'Noble' in the Pig Pen is if Alfred Nobel himself demonstrated his invention of TNT on a Cayenne.....of course I would offer Larry's if we could locate it, but for some reason it just 'disappeared'.....

Personally, I look forward to the day that the Pig and the Panamera both die.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:44 PM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
Noble?
In the Cayenne forum?

The ONLY acceptable use of the term 'Noble' in the Pig Pen is if Alfred Nobel himself demonstrated his invention of TNT on a Cayenne.....of course I would offer Larry's if we could locate it, but for some reason it just 'disappeared'.....

Personally, I look forward to the day that the Pig and the Panamera both die.
I simply KNEW Alfred's name would come up when I typed that.

I still think you are secretly in love with the Cayenne, Lewis. It's just that love and hate are separated by such a thin line. Since you (or, rather, Larry) personally invested in said porcine automotive experiment at one point, and did so, might I add, with considerably more forewarning and knowledge about its components and potential faults than the vast majority of the rest of us, one would have to conclude that your disdain is for the execution, rather than the concept, of the vehicle.

Since you were far too smart to simply buy the Porsche moniker, and far too experienced to think that the Cayenne would fit the needs that your larger vehicles fulfill, tell us just exactly what Siren song brought you to the vehicle in the first place. Couldn't have been just the power, or you probably would have bought a Turbo. Doesn't seem like it was the off-road capability that was the point of my response. Can't imagine it was the looks. Was it just a bad acid flashback from your youth? Or was it just a wild-eyed optimism (I almost can't believe I typed that) that there it might just be a half-decent, mostly functional SUV that was still fun to drive.

Inquiring minds want to know. We'll give you time for a seance, if necessary.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:56 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sigs
Since you were far too smart to simply buy the Porsche moniker, and far too experienced to think that the Cayenne would fit the needs that your larger vehicles fulfill, tell us just exactly what Siren song brought you to the vehicle in the first place. Couldn't have been just the power, or you probably would have bought a Turbo. Doesn't seem like it was the off-road capability that was the point of my response. Can't imagine it was the looks. Was it just a bad acid flashback from your youth? Or was it just a wild-eyed optimism (I almost can't believe I typed that) that there it might just be a half-decent, mostly functional SUV that was still fun to drive.

Inquiring minds want to know. We'll give you time for a seance, if necessary.
What I'd like to know is why it took someone so many years to come out and ask that?!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:33 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

you will have to wait for the movie to come out....
larry's widow should look fabulous on the red carpet at the premiere...

Quick Reply: 2010 or 2011?