Sponsored by:

reset TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:41 AM
capt601
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reset TPMS

Is there another way to reset the TPMS besides switching the tires on the tyre settings page, and then resetting back to the tires on the vehicle? I have tried searching for a solution but no luck. we just got a workshop message for the TPMS on sunday and it has not reset itself so far.

thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 08:51 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you may have a fault, that will require a trip to the delaer.
if it says system learning you need to drive it , if it says system not active you have a hard fault
Old 01-16-2007, 12:39 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tell it what tires you have and it will re-calibate as the vehicle is driven within approx. 10 miles. If the vehicle is not moving it will not recalibarte.

Check your tire pressure - you may be off by a 2 or more pounds - escpecially now that it is cooler outside!
Old 01-16-2007, 01:26 PM
capt601
Instructor

thanks. I had just checked and adjusted the tire pressure(with an accurate gauge) that morning, and later that day is when I got the workshop message. I guess off to get it looked at.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:58 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by capt601
Is there another way to reset the TPMS besides switching the tires on the tyre settings page, and then resetting back to the tires on the vehicle? I have tried searching for a solution but no luck. we just got a workshop message for the TPMS on sunday and it has not reset itself so far.

thanks
My Beta's TPMS was consistently "coding" although less frequently the last year or so.. I'd add pressure and on rare occasion that would work.. 90% of the time it was a dealer reset issue.. on the 06 Tit.S don't have TPMS and do NOT miss it.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:56 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Still not working

Stupid TPMS says I am -4 pounds. With good gauge I confirm that the tires are just where I want them 33 front, 37 rear. On the advice of someone else, to get to that point I filled up to 44 pounds and then let down to 33 and 37. I reset to summer 19 inches. It says it has to learn. I go for a long drive with that screen on. The tire symbol and the exclamation point go away. All appears to be OK as the TPMS shows 33 and 37. Then I get home and turn off the car and it immediately says I need to add air again. The sensors are less than a year old and have worked fine until last week. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: reset TPMS