Lo dust pads- here we go again

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 11:40 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 963 Likes on 587 Posts
Default Lo dust pads- here we go again

Found some lo dust front pads at brakeworld.com and thought they may be worth a try, but they only list for Cayenne, not "braking" it down for S, turbo, or reg Cayenne. I know the calipers are painted different colours on each model, but are the pads all the same? I'd think the turbo would have different pads than the V6, etc. With 23K miles on the vehicle, I thought it may be worth looking at the front pads anyway...
Old 11-20-2005, 12:20 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I prefer to think of baked on brake dust as a badge of Cayenne ownership.
IIRC, there was a recent discussion on Cayenne brake rotors in the past issue of Pano in the Tech Q&A. I think that the calipers are all the same (but I've never changed the pads......)
Old 11-20-2005, 01:03 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 963 Likes on 587 Posts

Come on , Lewis, you've done nothing to your Cayenne other than drive it (or let it drive itself) to the dealer

BTW, are you now lurking over at the 968 forum???
Old 11-20-2005, 07:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by skl
Come on , Lewis, you've done nothing to your Cayenne other than drive it (or let it drive itself) to the dealer
Well, it was washed recently (brushless car wash deals) since it had to be photographed for a certain "event".....yes, you know what I'm talking about.
Apart from that, as I mentioned, I could testify in court (stop laughing) that I wouldn't even know where the dipstick is under the hood of this pig. I will treat the Cayenne the way it treats me....it's a race to the grave

Originally Posted by skl
BTW, are you now lurking over at the 968 forum???
Yup. Took a one mile drive around the neighborhood (still waiting for title so I can get plates/ registration/yada yada) and for a brief moment, I forgot all about the Cayenne....then I pulled into the driveway and there it was.
Hopefully (alright everyone, get ready to applaud....even the "kids" since it's before bedtime) I'll be spending a LOT less time in here.....you're all on your own from now on...no more Purlplesaurus Rex, no more "X-Files, the Cayenne edition...the truth is out there" posts......although I must admit, I will miss the "where do I store laundry in my Cayenne posts....."

Farewell and good luck...........
Old 11-20-2005, 09:56 PM
JGriff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
Found some lo dust front pads at brakeworld.com and thought they may be worth a try, but they only list for Cayenne, not "braking" it down for S, turbo, or reg Cayenne. I know the calipers are painted different colours on each model, but are the pads all the same? I'd think the turbo would have different pads than the V6, etc. With 23K miles on the vehicle, I thought it may be worth looking at the front pads anyway...
My understanding is that all of the calipers (and hence the pads) are the same across the range... just the rotors are a bit smaller (330mm vs 350 mm... something like that) on the V6 vs. S and Turbo.

I suppose that someone who has access to Porsche part numbers can check the pad part numbers across the range, to see if they differ.

Quick Reply: Lo dust pads- here we go again