Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying seat belt beep!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 06:40 AM
NRae
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your hellbent on getting rid of the beep then fasten the belt up before you get in the car - round the back of the seat?? or over the front and then sit on it??? Why not get a dummy buckle and plug it in for your short journeys'???? Go to a machine shop and have them make up a relpica??? Im sure you can get round it, it's whether you really want to or not......
Old 05-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Jessa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Are short drives somehow safer than long ones? Its your life, but this excuse seems about as sound as not wearing a kevlar vest because the guy shooting at you only has two shots, instead of a 30-round clip.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:32 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 350 Likes on 208 Posts

I would look for the buzzer and try to disconnect the wire. Your dealer should be able to help.

I don't understand the defense of these things. While I am a strong advocate of seatbelt usage I think the phantom has a point-

But for those of you who disagree (and for your protection) the new 05 Cayenne will feature a loud and annoying buzzer that will be activated by:

Exceeding the speed limit
Smoking in car
Use of Hand Held cell phone
Driver or passenger weight beyond healthful limits
Optional vice(s) or transgression(s) (maximum of five) to be determined by local regulation or dealer

Disconnecting the buzzer will scramble the DME, void the warranty, lead to expensive and protracted repairs and may subject one to civil and criminal penalties. The NHTSA and Joan Claybrook is proud to have worked with Porsche in developing this important safety device.

But seriously Porsche can and should redesign these things to be a reminder and not an annoyance. Most other car makers (even the makers of cheap cars) do.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Euclid537
7th Gear

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ml#post7295741

Quick Reply: Annoying seat belt beep!