Sponsored by:

957-Alarm activates when opening car with remote

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 12:12 PM
destence
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 957-Alarm activates when opening car with remote

Every five or six times we open our cayenne with the remote the alarm activates for no reason. Locking the car again with the remote and opening again deactivates the alarm. I've searched but can't really find anything that resembles this problem. Does this happen to anyone else and if so how did you fix it? Thanks for any help you might be able to offer. Our car is at 2009 cayenne GTS.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:37 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Usually, it's the other way around. Locking the car via the remote may trigger the alarm, and an immediate unlocking will deactivate the siren.

I've had this same intermittent issue on my '09 GTS since new. In most cases when arming the system, unlocking once followed by locking prevents triggering the siren. I also noticed that if I wait at least five seconds after exiting the vehicle prior to arming, I'll have a better chance of not experiencing a nuisance trigger. Another interesting point that I noticed was that when locking the system with an open tailgate, the alarm will never trigger after closing the tailgate. This leads me to believe that the cabin pressure sensor may be deactivated temporarily until the tailgate is closed; in order to prevent a nuisance alarm. No codes have ever come up after scanning and I've gotten used to it after so many years; as have my neighbors....

FWIW, my wife had a similar issue with an old ML320 until the cabin sensor was replaced under warranty.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:39 PM
destence
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Andy. This helps... you are correct in that I reversed the order of button pushing in my initial post. I will be trying the "5 second " suggestion and follow up.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:21 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Never mind. Misunderstood issue.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:17 PM
TCZ
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Appreciate the info. I have the same issue. Bothersome....

Quick Reply: 957-Alarm activates when opening car with remote