Sponsored by:

Daytime Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 05:46 PM
BudgieJ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytime Running Lights

Hi. I've a 2004 955 CTT. Based in the UK, cars didn't require DRL's when my motor was built. I've been researching fitting a set of DRL's but not found anything that would look OEM. I've also been researching for a way to make the sidelights (parking lights) come on automatically with ignition. It might be a poor mans DRL but with LED bulbs they should be a bit brighter. I've seen plenty of posts for doing a hack for the Boxster or 996, I've not seen anything for a Cayenne. My CTT has auto headlights. Appreciate if anyone has advice for how to have the Cayenne sidelights come on anytime the ignition is on.

I know some will ask why - my take is more and more cars in the UK have DRL's so cars without any lights during the day might start to become unnoticed and present more risk. Might be wrong but I think its safer to be with the herd. Cheers.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,161 Likes on 3,926 Posts

If you find a switched fuse circuit in the fuse panel and then use an add a circuit and the that 12v + wire from that to the 12v words that go yo the lights you want yo come on with the ignition, that will illuminate them whenever the ignition switch is on.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:29 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

IIRC daytime running lights can be enabled through coding on the US cars.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:25 AM
BudgieJ
Track Day

Originally Posted by PTEC
IIRC daytime running lights can be enabled through coding on the US cars.
Cheers - my car is a UK spec one so I'm not sure whether this can be done the DRL laws only came in a few years back.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:28 AM
BudgieJ
Track Day

Originally Posted by Petza914
If you find a switched fuse circuit in the fuse panel and then use an add a circuit and the that 12v + wire from that to the 12v words that go yo the lights you want yo come on with the ignition, that will illuminate them whenever the ignition switch is on.
Thanks - so this would work like the Boxster hack? If I put a jumper on the fuse to say seat heating (live with ignition) and connect it to a fuse with my sidelights (parking lights) this should work? Question - I think my car has a separate fuse for left and right lights would I need a jumper to connect to both, thanks.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:02 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BudgieJ
Cheers - my car is a UK spec one so I'm not sure whether this can be done the DRL laws only came in a few years back.
Have you tried contacting your local dealer and asking what would be required?
Old 04-18-2018, 01:55 AM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts

this

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...d-led-drl.html
Old 04-18-2018, 04:31 AM
BudgieJ
Track Day

Thanks - nice find. Any install of DRL's on the Cayenne always looked wrong to me but putting 2 sets of the 8 LEDS together makes it look really OEM I may well try this cheers.

Quick Reply: Daytime Running Lights