Sponsored by:

955 Dashboard Backlighting Tired & Dim

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 06:11 AM
BudgieJ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 955 Dashboard Backlighting Tired & Dim

Hi. I've a 2004 CTT and noticed the backlighting for the analogue dials i.e rev and speed looks a bit tired. This is not the middle cluster DIS but the actual dials area. The backlight seems a bit more yellow rather than crisp white. The rheostat dimmer thumbwheel works and makes it dim or brighter its just at max brightness it still has a tired look to it. All the threads I've search are for replacing the centre DIS when it gives up. I haven't found one which covers replacing the backlighting for the main dials so perhaps this is not possible to do.

If anyone know when you remove the dashboard cluster you have access to swap in new or brighter bulbs that would be great cheers.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:42 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

They are ALL like that. eBay has a seller of LED retrofit gauge cluster light bar the seller claims is 110% brighter. After I saw his price - I told myself, "I'm good...."
Old 04-18-2018, 05:36 AM
BudgieJ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Dilberto
They are ALL like that. eBay has a seller of LED retrofit gauge cluster light bar the seller claims is 110% brighter. After I saw his price - I told myself, "I'm good...."
Cheers, I didn't find that seller on ebay but I'm guessing it was $$$ or £££ where I'm from . Seems for many clusters you can replace the old bulbs with LEDS but for the cayenne I haven't seen any posts showing it can be done.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:10 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

I remember seeing where somebody replaced their backlight and I think it was a CCFL tube.

Quick Reply: 955 Dashboard Backlighting Tired & Dim