Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Cayenne High millage. Good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Tom Marker
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Cayenne High millage. Good buy?

Found a 2008 cayenne. Seems to be in near mint condition. Two owners and last full service was at 150k the car now has 222k. The seller is asking 8k, everything works, the breaks felt a little uneven.
Do these trucks ridiculous miles like this or is this a money pit. I'm looking for mom car that will last me as long as my Cummins and I don't want a Japanese car.

https://www.salsautosales.com/inventory/view/10132218/2008-Porsche-Cayenne-AWD-4dr-S-Oklahoma-City-OK
Old 03-11-2018, 04:31 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Have you read the sticky? About buying a Cayenne? https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...his-first.html
Old 03-11-2018, 04:43 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Looked at the listing. Sal polished the **** outta that P!G.. It's not an awful looking car - but I think it's a tad overpriced. You will likely be the final owner of the car - so something around $4-6,000 would seem more reasonable. There are a few wanding this forum with > 200k on them, but not a lot. One would hope the coolant pipes had been addressed by now - but never count on it. The stickie will tell you how to check. If they haven't been done - knock $2,000 off the price to get them done. At the same time - replace any plastic T's that you notice in the cooling system. BRAKES (breaks are when something is broken..) can be expensive, and it sounds as if rotors will be needed. I'm guessing there are no service records for it? If not - you want to do a baseline fluid change - everything on the car - figure around $2,000 for that if you have someone do it.

The car itself may be cheap - but you're still going to be paying the maintenance and repair costs of what was a $60,000 vehicle new - those costs don't depreciate with the value of the car. If anything - they increase.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2018, 04:58 PM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Looked at the listing. Sal polished the **** outta that P!G.. It's not an awful looking car - but I think it's a tad overpriced. You will likely be the final owner of the car - so something around $4-6,000 would seem more reasonable. There are a few wanding this forum with > 200k on them, but not a lot. One would hope the coolant pipes had been addressed by now - but never count on it. The stickie will tell you how to check. If they haven't been done - knock $2,000 off the price to get them done. At the same time - replace any plastic T's that you notice in the cooling system. BRAKES (breaks are when something is broken..) can be expensive, and it sounds as if rotors will be needed. I'm guessing there are no service records for it? If not - you want to do a baseline fluid change - everything on the car - figure around $2,000 for that if you have someone do it.

The car itself may be cheap - but you're still going to be paying the maintenance and repair costs of what was a $60,000 vehicle new - those costs don't depreciate with the value of the car. If anything - they increase.

Good luck!
^^^^^^ This^^^^^^ Beat me to it.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:56 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

WOW nice condition but with that mileage its worth more as a parts car. $4K would be my top price.

Quick Reply: 2008 Cayenne High millage. Good buy?