Replacing rear toe control arms with adjustable arms '05 955

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 04:49 PM
ylwgto
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing rear toe control arms with adjustable arms '05 955

Hi, new member here.

My '05 Cayenne S has rear toe issues. It is an East coast car and the bolts on the toe control links are rusted solid (need to be ground off). The bushings are shot and I cannot use the eccentric nut adjustment to adjust the toe of the rear wheels, so it is currently devouring tires

I'd like to replace the arms and bolts while also moving the adjustability from the frame mounts (via the eccentric nut) to the control arm itself (turnbuckle style). There are kits for other Porsche models, but I cannot find anything for the Cayenne.

I'm looking for something similar to what is shown in the links below, but appropriate for the 955. Any ideas?

Arms
http://www.rennline.com/Rear-Kinemat...CABEgLvR_D_BwE

eccentric locking kit
http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Ecc...oductinfo/S40/

Thanks!!
Old 03-09-2018, 09:08 AM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

For normal use, the stock link is fine. While the Kinematic-type link would allow for more granular adjustments, I don't see the need unless tracking the car regularly. I recently replace a link on the back of my 08 and it went very easy. A byproduct of the PO, then me, running it through the car wash on a very frequent basis, I guess.

Just get the replacement arm and new eccentric bolt before you scrub through more tires
Old 03-09-2018, 12:02 PM
ylwgto
2nd Gear

thanks for the quick reply.
not looking to put the car on the track, just looking to move the adjustability from the poorly designed eccentric nut (which does not stay in proper toe) to the control arm...i don't want to replace with the stock parts as it won't fix my issue. do you know of any adjustable toe control arms and locking bolt systems that fir the cayenne?
Old 03-10-2018, 12:21 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

So i assume what you're saying is the eccentric for rear toe is rusted and will not move? What have you tried to free it up? I highly doubt any one makes that type of control arm for a Cayenne. I've never met one that couln't be persuaded to come loose with a mixture of heat, penetrating oil and pressure.

Quick Reply: Replacing rear toe control arms with adjustable arms '05 955