Sponsored by:

Rear washer fluid leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 02:52 AM
rlg4675
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear washer fluid leak

Hello I have an 2005 Cayenne S, when I use the rear washer I see washer fluid running down the passenger side kick panel.I don't get any out of the rear nozzle.
Has any one had this problem? I assume the hose for the rear washer must run through the firewall and up the a pillar and along the roof to the rear.
I can't find a schematic showing the routing of this washer fluid line. Where I live (Reno NV) we are in a cold snap of weather so I am not able to pull it apart yet due to cold plastic and the possibility of breaking it until it warms up a bit. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 02-25-2018, 09:52 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

What usually causes this is the rear washer nozzle gets plugged and when the pump is turned on with no way to relieve the pressure it blows the connection points apart. If I remember right there is a connection point is actually behind the passenger side A pillar trim.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:05 PM
rlg4675
Intermediate

Thank you for the quick reply, we just purchased this vehicle a few weeks ago and have not really had any weather until this last week that's when I noticed the problem.

Have a great day and thank you again.

Quick Reply: Rear washer fluid leak