Sponsored by:

Factory DRL TTS 2008

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 02:59 PM
stefan063
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Factory DRL TTS 2008

Can I activate DRL in bumper for 100% brightness and use it how it is supposed to be. I saw like mine in Bulgaria yesterday with only DRL in bumper with full brightness,but it was in a move so i couldn't ask driver did he did that or it was factory.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:19 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Are you talking about using the parking lights that are part of the turn signal assembly as a DRL or installing some led strips in/on the bumper as DRLs and making them come on. Either is possible using an SPDT relay. You run a wire back to inside the cabin with a piggyback add-a-fuse so the circuit is fuse and find one that's only active when the ignition is switched on. If memory serves, I'm using a 10A circuit somewhere near the bottom of the panel. This then becomes the trigger wire to the relay so the relay only picks when the circuit is active. Then from that relay you run a wire to each positive light wire you want to illuminate (these might also need a diode to prevent current backflow), you need a 12v constant source for the relay, and a ground for the relay. Then whenever you turn on the ignition, the relay will send power to those lights.

This is what I did with the 958 lights I installed in my 957 Turbo S. I'm using the integrated while LED fog lights as DRLs and keeping regular fog lights in the lower bumper opening when I need low and wide beam lighting in fog (using PIAA LEDs though).
Old 02-16-2018, 12:27 PM
stefan063
Racer

Originally Posted by Petza914
Are you talking about using the parking lights that are part of the turn signal assembly as a DRL or installing some led strips in/on the bumper as DRLs and making them come on. Either is possible using an SPDT relay. You run a wire back to inside the cabin with a piggyback add-a-fuse so the circuit is fuse and find one that's only active when the ignition is switched on. If memory serves, I'm using a 10A circuit somewhere near the bottom of the panel. This then becomes the trigger wire to the relay so the relay only picks when the circuit is active. Then from that relay you run a wire to each positive light wire you want to illuminate (these might also need a diode to prevent current backflow), you need a 12v constant source for the relay, and a ground for the relay. Then whenever you turn on the ignition, the relay will send power to those lights.

This is what I did with the 958 lights I installed in my 957 Turbo S. I'm using the integrated while LED fog lights as DRLs and keeping regular fog lights in the lower bumper opening when I need low and wide beam lighting in fog (using PIAA LEDs though).
Thanks... Yes I am talking about OEM DRL/turn signal bar on 957. How did you managed to fit 958 to 957? Can you post some pics of your DRL working and I would be great-full If I could see some installation you did.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:58 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Originally Posted by stefan063
Thanks... Yes I am talking about OEM DRL/turn signal bar on 957. How did you managed to fit 958 to 957? Can you post some pics of your DRL working and I would be great-full If I could see some installation you did.
Unfortunately, my 958 light scenario won't help you much because the Misha widebody bumper that's part of my kit was designed to take the updated 958 lights, not the original 957 ones, but the wiring instructions I provided will work with any lighting scenario you create.

Project build thread is here - https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...s-project.html

Customized OEM wiring harness with canbus resistors for all the LED circuits of the 958 lights and new PIAA fog lights.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:23 AM
stefan063
Racer

This KIT look AWESOME!!! I will try tomorrow to do something about my DRL. Thank you for your help!

Quick Reply: Factory DRL TTS 2008