Sponsored by:

Switching to LED fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Turbo Alex
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh big thx! Will add them to the wires!

Will I also be able to replace the normal stock light bulbs from the head lights with LED ones? The LED fog lights make a big difference compared to the stock fog bulbs. That´s why I also would change the normal light bulbs for the head lights if that will work out!?
Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Alex
Oh big thx! Will add them to the wires!

Will I also be able to replace the normal stock light bulbs from the head lights with LED ones? The LED fog lights make a big difference compared to the stock fog bulbs. That´s why I also would change the normal light bulbs for the head lights if that will work out!?
The headlights in your 2009 Turbo S should be Bi-Xenon and provide excellent lighting. If not, then something else is wrong. I woudln't mess with them. I did put LED headlight bulbs into my GMC Sierra a few weeks ago to replace the normal halogen ones and there was a big improvement, but the Xenon bulbs in the Cayenne are still better.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Turbo Alex
Rennlist Member

The LED bulbs in the fog lights are brighter as my Bi-Xenon lights. This brought me on the idea of why not replace the stock headlight bulbs with LED ones too. I will try to make pics in a few hours to show the difference.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The LED bulbs in the fog lights are brighter as my Bi-Xenon lights. This brought me on the idea of why not replace the stock headlight bulbs with LED ones too. I will try to make pics in a few hours to show the difference.
Replacing Xenon bulbs with LED alternatives isn't as simple as plug and play. The Xenon bulb is actually a glass tube filled with Xenon gas and is illuminated by the ballast controller built into the headlight assembly. I don't think you can just swap the bulb and have the ballast work on an LED bulb.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Turbo Alex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
I wired in this type from amazon and the lights have tested fine without any bulb out codes.

Turn signals would hyper-flash and the fog lights would blink on and off, then turn off without them, so adding them definitely changed the behsvior.

We'll see if they work properly during normal on-road use or not.

Hi Petza, I bought and planted this Canbus in and it works great. All plug and play, no extra cable needed and that all for around 13 bugs. Big thanks for the tip with the Canbus!
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx...undido-led-_JM
Old 02-23-2018, 08:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Hi Petza, I bought and planted this Canbus in and it works great. All plug and play, no extra cable needed and that all for around 13 bugs. Big thanks for the tip with the Canbus!
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx...undido-led-_JM
You bet 👍

Quick Reply: Switching to LED fog lights