Engine knock in 2010 turbo s - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Porsche Cayenne Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine knock in 2010 turbo s

Old 03-12-2018, 09:42 PM

As you can tell I am not a mechanic but the quote included a long block rebuild with all the labour and parts in making that happen. I just assumed with about 30 hours of labour that the car would be ready sometime by the end of the week. But you may be right and I should not expect the car back anytime soon. Hope it all works out.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:55 AM

You will be lucky to get it back in a month if they are actually rebuilding the engine and doing everything properly. Two important things will let us help you out:

1. How do they plan to address the cylinder walls in the block?
2. Provide a list of parts they are going to replace during the process.
3. Are they willing to do any work in the top end? With 150k miles there are some things that most people on here would highly recommend doing while things are apart and easy to access.
4. I would also go ahead and have them install new engine mounts while that sucker is out.

Most of us are still not convinced it is a spun rod bearing. I recommend you have the scope the lower cylinder walls and send you pics at their earliest convenience if the engine is already out, so you can be sure this is not scoring. Regardless, if I were to go through all the pain of pulling a CTT engine, you can be sure I would get liners installed to ensure that the engine would no longer be subject to it happening again - especially if I lived in Canada. Hopefully they are experts and that is in their plan.