Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/i/152815485158?chn=ps

zip ties?
Old 02-10-2018, 04:15 PM
WBYonder
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by DWC in Sedona
I have Continental all-seasons; not snow tires. I don't think they'll be very effective in more than light snow. I've ordered a pair of the Peerless chains to carry just-in-case. I'll practice putting them on and check the fit before the trip.
If you see snow in OR, there will probably be some very happy people. From what I hear, it’s been a very dry winter there. Safe travels.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:35 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by WBYonder

If you see snow in OR, there will probably be some very happy people. From what I hear, it’s been a very dry winter there. Safe travels.
Yep; it's been almost as warm since Xmas as here in AZ. I won't mind some decent snow there either for skiing...after my move-in day.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:11 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Pic of the Peerless Auto-Trak chains on the rear of my 955. Practice installation; good fit on the 255/55-18 and very easy to install. Lots of clearance at normal ride height. Auto-tightening (the large blue things) works well but I'm going to carry steel wire and bungees too. I didn't move the car to adjust and center. I hope it's the last time I put the chains on!

Old 02-28-2018, 11:17 PM
WBYonder
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 68 Posts

How did your trip go?
Old 03-02-2018, 03:41 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WBYonder
How did your trip go?
After almost no snow in the region all winter, I dodged heavy snow in N CA and S OR by one day and it's snowed in central OR almost every day since I got here. The chains weren't needed but will stay in the bag as a JIC measure.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:28 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by DWPC
After almost no snow in the region all winter, I dodged heavy snow in N CA and S OR by one day and it's snowed in central OR almost every day since I got here. The chains weren't needed but will stay in the bag as a JIC measure.
And doing that will surely guarantee they are not needed. LOL

I think you did this all exactly as I would have done in the same situation. And everyone's situation is different, so the other advice in this thread may be best for others too.

You even dry mounted them in your driveway! That's exactly what I would have done, but I don't even dare advise people to do that since most would not listen. By doing it in the driveway, you can jack the car up, check everything out while it is light, dry, done carefully, calmly inspected, taking notes of installation setting (notch #, for example), etc. And then there will be no doubts if/when you need to install on the side of the road in the dark during a blizzard. I've been there (on other cars), and everything helps, including the removal of any doubt that it will fit properly.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:08 PM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 220 Posts

Couldn't you just buy a set of Blizzaks and go with that. When chain laws are in effect in Colorado I am allowed to go with my 955 and Blizzak snow tires. Take them off after your trip and you'll have a set of great tires to put on again. Why mess with chains?
Old 10-23-2018, 04:58 PM
40jarhe
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Cayenne Snow Chains

I picked up this old thread because I was looking for an option other than the $800 Tequipment chains my dealer is trying to sell me. Like the originator of this tread we are planning a winter trip in my wife's new Cayenne driving from Seattle to Yellowstone Nat'l Park for Christmas. I believe there are no fewer than four mountain passes involved.

The Cayenne has the 20" wheels tire size front & rear 275-45 R20...M&S

We've made the trip literally dozens of times over the last 20 years and never been "required" to chain up, but it would really spoil Christmas for my wife if we were turned back at some point because we didn't have tire chains.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:23 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

I was the OP. Check the my solution about 5 replies up. Peerless low profile chains for about $100/pr on Amazon.

Quick Reply: Tire chains - recommendations?