Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynavin Apple Car Play - anyone installed it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 02:02 PM
sclark900
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynavin Apple Car Play - anyone installed it?

My PCM has gone to the ghost. I'm looking to replace w/ a $850 Dynavin head unit. Sounds like many others have had good luck w/ this unit as it maintains most of the OEM features while adding bluetooth capability. They recently have added an iLink add-on Apple CarPlay hardwire unit that goes for an additional $300. Curious to know if anyone has installed this and if it's worth the added cost? Apple CarPlay is clearly a more elegant interface, but I'm not seeing where it adds much functionality... mainly usability. Anyone have any feedback? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:10 PM
sclark900
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump
Old 02-21-2018, 02:52 AM
981S2013
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sclark900
My PCM has gone to the ghost. I'm looking to replace w/ a $850 Dynavin head unit. Sounds like many others have had good luck w/ this unit as it maintains most of the OEM features while adding bluetooth capability. They recently have added an iLink add-on Apple CarPlay hardwire unit that goes for an additional $300. Curious to know if anyone has installed this and if it's worth the added cost? Apple CarPlay is clearly a more elegant interface, but I'm not seeing where it adds much functionality... mainly usability. Anyone have any feedback? Thanks.
I can’t speak to the Dynavin head unit, but as to your comment “...but I’m not seeing where it adds much functionality...”. Apple CarPlay adds a lot of functionality, and while I don’t have it in any of my cars, I have used it numerous times in rental cars and always seek rentals that have it. I am looking for a replacement head unit for my 08 Cayenne that has it. ACP offers text messaging by voice, maps integration, and access to music. Much better than any OEM interface.

Quick Reply: Dynavin Apple Car Play - anyone installed it?