Sponsored by:

Water in footwell help

Old 12-29-2017, 07:28 AM
Adam Silver
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in footwell help

Hi all,

Recently bought a 2004 cayenne s (rhd) no water issues when I got it. Had some really heavy rain recently and have driven through some big oll puddles. Noticed the car steaming up a lot so checked under the mats and the carpet is very wet. Passanger side is drenched, drivers is just a bit damp. Lifted the carpet and it's literally a lake under there. I've checked and cleaned the two drains in the wheel arches, and the ac drain. All were fine and don't seem to be blocked at all. I can't see any water getting in anywhere, the water is clear and odourless which makes me think rain water. I Dont have a sun roof. But the passanger door does need a slam to close. Almost like it's not lined up perfectly. I've checked all the seals and they seem fine.

Any ideas? I've Google and searched the forum and almost all say it was the 2 drains or ac drain.

Help.....

Thanks
Old 12-29-2017, 12:42 PM
VulcanGrey
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you read this thread? https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...in-park-2.html
There are also drains at the bottom of the sills, behind the front tires. The thread above also mentions water getting in the door wiring seals.

since you mentioned your door won't close properly.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:48 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

You might spend some time in the Cayenne DIY forum, there is a link at the top of the Cayenne forum.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water in footwell help