Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2009 Turbo S Owner

Old 12-10-2017, 09:20 PM
dporsche74
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New 2009 Turbo S Owner

Hello .. After hunting for a lil bit(rare SUV) for the right winter/ trailer truck I'm a Happy new Owner of a 2009 Cayenne Turbo S.
and Yeah ,, What a beast especially in sport mode!!! lol Haha Wow!,,,
I got lucky and found one in Lave Grey Metallic with the Pano roof, PDCC and Alcantara with Carbon Sport Package Skid plates , FabSpeed Cats and from AZ State. 142K new..
It has full Pcar dealer history up to 85k and now it has 94K and was planning on a full 100K I am the New owner tune up for it and would appreciate any info and tips for the PIG peanut gallery.. ( why and what is PIG??)

Ordered parts from Pelican Parts for tune up:
Plugs Bosch FR6NPP332
Air filter, Mahle Standard
Oil Filter Mahle /MB1 5w40
Cabin Air filter Mahle
PDCC reservoir + Steering pump reservoirs.with CHF202, + Lubrizol Power Steering Additive
Front and Rear Diff oil with Amsoil Sever Gear 75w90, with new plugs
Clean the AF meters and throttle body
Thinking of draining the anti freeze but do not have a vacuum system,., can i just drain the radiator and tank and refill and burp it all week?
Anything Else anyone would recommend would be great ,, tune up ,,updates etc..

I do have a few Questions ,
What are the aluminum rails on top the the roof? What system will work with it?
Why is there NO compass on my dash? I see other TurboS with compass in the left corner?
Will 18in stock Cayenne wheels fit the turboS brakes? for Offroad tire Set and what size is recommend,?

Warnings are all intermittent and go away once driving ... All on start up??
Brake pads
Passager side air bag not on
Dynamic corning lights check

Thanks and Happy Holidays !!!!

Last edited by dporsche74; 12-11-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:49 PM
vandal968
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful. Congratulations!

c
Old 12-11-2017, 12:26 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

Cool, nice ride. Check the battery. Lots of faults and codes on a low battery are common. If you can figure out the compass display thing, please let me know. Sometimes mine is there and sometimes mine is not. Has to do something with PCM i think, but i cant get anyone to verify. We don't have the magnetic sensor under the rear seat, so I have to assume it's PCM driven. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 12-11-2017, 09:03 AM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats, take a close look at the ignition coils when you do the plugs. If there are any hairline fractures, replace them all. Probably worth doing anyways.
Clean the AC drain and the body drains.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Welcome. Nice looking car.

P!G (note that the middle character is an "!", not an "I") comes from when it was introduced. People who had "real" Porsches saw an SUV weighing well over 5k# and commented "what a pig!"

As with the first year of any vehicle, there were a lot of problems. Many of them electrical. Resulting in a lot of "!" indicators on the display.

Are the roof rails covers for the recessed attachment "rails"? I really don't know for sure.
I have the recessed rails on mine, the Thule removable attachment points lock into them, cross bars mount to those and I have a bike carrier that goes on the cross bars. All was "dealer option", although Thule branded, not Porsche.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Uncle Jimmy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you've been around for a while, most people are sure that you've done some research. In that research you should have found out about ensuring that your vehicle is water tight. If you haven't done that, make sure that it becomes a priority.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:19 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 125 Posts

Congrats on your purchase! I have a white 2009 CTTS counterpart to yours...

I believe that if you have the Pano roof, you automatically have the roof tracks that go with the Porsche RTS (roof transport system). There are slots that the crossbars fit into. Post a closeup when you can and we can confirm. New crossbars from Porsche run about $300-350 at a dealer. The system is really great and I use mine all the time and did on my 2008 CTT as well.

Enjoy your P!g!

Cheers,
TomF
Old 12-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Porsche_Turbo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darn, I want. Nice find.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:12 PM
tsitz
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Great car. I love mine. Lots of driving and research data here if you are ever interested. These are great cars,
Old 01-09-2018, 09:25 AM
prosled8
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can answer a couple of your questions.

NO, you can not just fill the coolant and drive it around, must be purged with pressure. Buy the power motive pressure tank from Pelican, it is handy for lots of things.

NO you can not fit 18" wheels over your brakes, 20" minimum. Fortunately these days I think there are a few AT tire options in 20" that will work.

Nice rig, congratulations!
Old 01-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Kirill
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

On the coolant - you may think about replacing the water pump and putting new serpentine belt while you there - both are probably good for another 2-5 years, but since you going to drain coolant anyway - you can get it done and not worry about it for another 10 years.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:56 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Don't forget to change the transfer case oil too.

The dash compass was a $170 option at the time of purchase. It is a software function that can be activated on any 955/957 turbo model running the stock PCM if you bribe a dealer to program it in. It should take them about 5 minutes, and costs nothing. I had it on my CTT originally, but it went away when I changed out the PCM for something more modern. I don't miss it much, but it would be nice to fill that dead space on the screen with something.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2009 Turbo S Owner