Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Rear- Ended Tonight, Need Advice Dealing With Insurance, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 09:57 AM
Kirill
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

check these tips - may be the pair costs as much as 1 oem
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-off-save.html
Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirill
check these tips - may be the pair costs as much as 1 oem
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-off-save.html
Pretty sure those sold a while back as I contacted the seller about picking them up to pair with the Turbo S rear bumper I'm selling in order to offer it as a turnkey replacement and have tips to fill out the large oval exhaust openings since I had sold the Turbo S tips already.

OP, that bumper is still available if you want to upgrade the look during the repair.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:18 PM
cfiiman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So today I got an update thinking the car was supposed to be fixed. Shop said that the parts the insurance company sent are crap and he has sent them back (possibly multiple times). He said he has exhausted every effort to use the used parts and for the bumper there is no option except OEM which has pushed the repair bill over 6000 at that point. He said he is unsure what that will do so he has called the appraiser so I am waiting. It is frustrating b/c if they total it I think they give me 3 days or something of rental car to find a new car, WTF. All I know for sure is it will be at least another week "if" they decide to repair, depending on where they put the value of the car at this point it is right at total mark so not sure. Frustrating thing is I just purchased a 200 new battery b/c they were fixing it, guess if it gets totaled I'm out that
Old 12-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Help these idiots find the right used parts. Start here: Car-part.com.....
Old 12-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cfiiman
So today I got an update thinking the car was supposed to be fixed. Shop said that the parts the insurance company sent are crap and he has sent them back (possibly multiple times). He said he has exhausted every effort to use the used parts and for the bumper there is no option except OEM which has pushed the repair bill over 6000 at that point. He said he is unsure what that will do so he has called the appraiser so I am waiting. It is frustrating b/c if they total it I think they give me 3 days or something of rental car to find a new car, WTF. All I know for sure is it will be at least another week "if" they decide to repair, depending on where they put the value of the car at this point it is right at total mark so not sure. Frustrating thing is I just purchased a 200 new battery b/c they were fixing it, guess if it gets totaled I'm out that
Just saw your post - man it sucks to lose a car like this for such a minor body repair. With all the money I've put into my Cayenne with the widebody build, I've secured agreed value coverage on it with Grundy for what I think it's worth - high purchase price, plus all the work of this kit, plus another 25% for uniqueness where I won't be in the same position you are if someone smashes into me. You guys may want to look into this for your older Cayennes.

Nice thing about Grundy is even with their agreed value policies, they have 3 different categories - Classic, Exotic, and Regular so the Cayenne as well as my pickup and wife's 997 are classified as a Regular use vehicles, which means no mileage limits, restrictions, etc whereas my 928 and 914 are Classics, and my RUF 997 as an exotic, but all 6 have an agreed value attached to them..
Old 12-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Kirill
Racer

If they total it - i think they should give you 30 days of rental to find a replacement. But it wouldn't hurt to start looking and have couple options ready.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:39 PM
cfiiman
Instructor

Well just heard from the insurance company it's totaled. Now the fight for what they are going to offer. He said I'm not going to be happy b/c he is using KBB private party value of 6300. He said I have 3 days to get a new car which my response was and I quote "are you f******ing kidding me!?". I said that was BS and that it took me six months to find the perfect Cayenne with the maintenance history and near flawless exterior/interior in the color combo I wanted. I also said at a minimum he should use NADA which is 7300 (still bull$hit b/c I couldn't get anywhere near replacing my car for that with one in the same cond.) and even that doesn't take into consideration what I've spent on it in the last year alone.

Guys I need some help here about how to negotiate with these snakes. The lawyer that is handling the injury side (finally contacted one after being cross examined by the injury adjuster on the phone this week) said they won't be any help on this side of it so I'm on my own, can I demand they pay at the least NADA over KBB? Is there any way to get them to extend the rental car, telling me to buy a brand new car, a Porsche to boot, in 3 F****ing days is BS. I haven't been this mad in a long %$&^$*($*#$ time Any advice would be much appreciated from my family of P car owners seeing a fellow brother getting hammered in the a$$.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Well just heard from the insurance company it's totaled. Now the fight for what they are going to offer. He said I'm not going to be happy b/c he is using KBB private party value of 6300. He said I have 3 days to get a new car which my response was and I quote "are you f******ing kidding me!?". I said that was BS and that it took me six months to find the perfect Cayenne with the maintenance history and near flawless exterior/interior in the color combo I wanted. I also said at a minimum he should use NADA which is 7300 (still bull$hit b/c I couldn't get anywhere near replacing my car for that with one in the same cond.) and even that doesn't take into consideration what I've spent on it in the last year alone.

Guys I need some help here about how to negotiate with these snakes. The lawyer that is handling the injury side (finally contacted one after being cross examined by the injury adjuster on the phone this week) said they won't be any help on this side of it so I'm on my own, can I demand they pay at the least NADA over KBB? Is there any way to get them to extend the rental car, telling me to buy a brand new car, a Porsche to boot, in 3 F****ing days is BS. I haven't been this mad in a long %$&^$*($*#$ time Any advice would be much appreciated from my family of P car owners seeing a fellow brother getting hammered in the a$$.

I knew this was going to suck. I'd start visiting the used car sites - forum, cargurus, autotrader, eBay, cars.com, etc and start putting together a list of comparative vehicles if you can find some - same year, similar equipment and mileage, etc. The goal here is to provide a mount of information that proves to them the KBB & NADA values aren't accurate for your vehicle and that you can't replace it with a comparable vehicle for what they are saying they are going to pay you. Make a spreadsheet with the key factors - year, model, mileage, color, key options, etc and for each Cayenne that's close list these same attributes, including the price and web links to the ad where you found it. Then send them the spreadsheet that substantiates the value that you're going to need to get a comparable Cayenne. In addition to help build a foundation for your claim, you will also be looking for your replacement - maybe you'll find a gem that's close.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Kirill
Racer

Try to ask adjuster to come up with options to replace your Caynee and see what he offers.
You can also call your insurance and see what would they offer.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Kirill
Racer

Here is good info:

What if I Do Not Agree With The Settlement Being Offered ?

What you are about to read here is yet another reason why we recommend you include Collision, Comprehensive and Rental Reimbursement Coverage on your own auto insurance policy. Incorporated into your own auto insurance policy is what is generally referred to as an Appraisal Clause. Loosely translated, that means arbitration. If you and your insurance company do not agree as to the settlement value of your auto damage claim, either you or the company may invoke the Appraisal Clause. That means you would hire an appraiser to represent your interests, the insurance company would hire an appraiser to represent their interests and those two [2] would hire a third appraiser to act as "umpire" or "Referee". In the event the first two appraisers fail to reach an agreement as to a reasonable settlement value, they would each submit their respective work product to the third appraiser for determination. If either of the first two appraisers agrees with the determination of the third appraiser, the settlement amount has been resolved and is binding on the insurance company. In this process, the insured pays the fee of their appraiser. The insurance company pays the fee of their appraiser. The insured and insurance company split the fee of the third appraiser.

The appraisal process typically takes 2-6 weeks. However, most insured need not forego receiving any settlement during this process. In most cases, you are entitled to receive the last existing offer (the "undisputed" amount) promptly. Failure of the insurance company to pay you amounts to bad faith. For more information on bad faith go to our HomeOwner Insurance Claims page and read the Bad Faith Conduct text.

Submitting your claim settlement value dispute to appraisal can be quick, cost effective and (more often than not) will result in a settlement increase. Unfortunately, your right to appraisal exists only in matters of dispute between you and your own insurance company. You have no right to appraisal in matters of dispute between you and the other party's insurance company. If the other party's insurance company does not agree to submit your dispute to appraisal, your only remaining option would then be litigation. That option is discussed further in question #1 of this text.
Go back to the top.

https://www.ican2000.com/auto-insura...aims-FAQs.html
Old 12-08-2017, 07:45 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Looking back at this long involved thread - I found it hard to figure out whose insurance company you're dealing with. If it is the person who hit you insurance company - then it's time to get yours involved and have them give an estimate, and provide you with rental car coverage. Most insurance policies do this for their insured. If you're dicking around with the hitter's company - they have no interest in making you happy (and "whole") and the appraiser gets rated by how little that have to pay out. Your company doesn't have that mindset since they will "subrogate" the damages - which means they'll collect what they pay out to you from the other insurance company - it's no skin off their nose to treat you in a reasonable manner.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:55 PM
19psi
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 100 Posts

Just curious, is this a base V6 model?
Old 12-09-2017, 10:43 PM
dorumac
Intermediate

2004 base with 160k miles.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:00 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 996 Likes on 529 Posts

Just get an attorney.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:56 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Marv
Just get an attorney.
Yes, but what's the fun in that? Instead we can endlessly discuss it..

Quick Reply: Cayenne Rear- Ended Tonight, Need Advice Dealing With Insurance, etc.