JuannaKnowtrooth
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turbo...
holds value much better - but you will lose $ on this venture, bank on it
much improved handling, particularly if it has PDCC
much improved handling with air suspension
SPORT mode on the turbo gets you around the 0-60 4.5s range
usually trimmed out much better inside ... use porsche VIN decoder to check options list before buying (vindecoderz.com)
the 957 is much improved over the 955
negligeable gas mileage difference - they all suck
Old 11-19-2017, 11:58 PM
Jagdwagen
Track Day

Alrighty I am keeping an eye out for the Turbo. Today I test drove a 2004 Porsche Cayenne S and after driving it I couldn't understand why I needed any more power, then it hit me, this Cayenne S only has like 340HP, the one I am looking at has 385HP. Suffice to say, I might not opt for the Turbo, I just don't see where I could use all that power.

Also had a question hoping someone on here could answer. The 2009+ Cayenne's have the newer PCM. Are we able to take that PCM model and fit it into a 2008 model? Has anyone done this? I am searching around for this but I keep running into Denso :/

Asad
Old 11-20-2017, 12:01 AM
Jagdwagen
Track Day

Originally Posted by Petza914
You do have a dilemma. I myself have never been able to warm up to the exterior look of the 955,but with the tweaks they did in the 957, it's my favorite Cayenne body style, surprising since they're very much the same vehicle. I think the new nav yiu referenced didn't start until '09 even though other changes like the bodywork and DFI motor started in 2008 when the 957 was released.

​​​​Someone recently posted here that the most expensive car you ever bought was the one you bought instead of the one you really wanted to buy, and you already know you want the turbo. If you think you'll be happy with the S, for God sake, don't drive the turbo. When looking for my 957, I seriously considered the GTS with the manual transmission, but then drove a Turbo S - guess which one I own.

If i were you, just based on what you wrote, I'd keep looking for the right 957 Turbo so you get the car you want, especially if you plan to keep it for a while. If you do end up with the 955 turbo, I actually have the complete rear bumper from my '09 Turbo S for sale. Not sure if it will fit the 955, but if so, you could do that, find a 957 Turbo front bumper and for not too much money have the kook you want with the performance you want.
I believe the bumper can fit onto a 957, however if going down this road then I would end up changing everything. I am now looking for a decent deal on the 957 Turbo anyway. Lets see what happens. If I do go for an older model though, I will PM you in regards to the purchase of that beautiful bumper
Old 11-20-2017, 05:06 PM
porschefan931
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagdwagen
I just don't see where I could use all that power
Errr on the drive out to the Mountains or Edmonton It's not just about the top speed but the overtaking stuff easily, and the sound, and the tune-ability all the fun things one does with a turbo. There is also the extras that the Turbo had as standard, leather dashboard, alcantara headlining, air suspension etc.

I think the PCM 3 has been put into a PCM 2.1 system, but it's not easy and not worth the cost from what i've seen. Most peeps either add an aftermarket head unit, and possibly loose the steering controls and amp, or add the Mobridge or Dension. I chose the latter and it works perfectly with the PCM 2.1 with full control with all the native audio hardware.

I'm in the SW if you want to check out how the Turbo is different from the S you drove
Old 11-20-2017, 06:20 PM
Twintipin13
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yes, I saw that. Very nice clean car especially for the mileage. Yeah he's asking around $29,000, might even be the original owner.
There is this one as well https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
Old 11-22-2017, 03:57 PM
Jagdwagen
Track Day

Originally Posted by porschefan931
Errr on the drive out to the Mountains or Edmonton It's not just about the top speed but the overtaking stuff easily, and the sound, and the tune-ability all the fun things one does with a turbo. There is also the extras that the Turbo had as standard, leather dashboard, alcantara headlining, air suspension etc.

I think the PCM 3 has been put into a PCM 2.1 system, but it's not easy and not worth the cost from what i've seen. Most peeps either add an aftermarket head unit, and possibly loose the steering controls and amp, or add the Mobridge or Dension. I chose the latter and it works perfectly with the PCM 2.1 with full control with all the native audio hardware.

I'm in the SW if you want to check out how the Turbo is different from the S you drove
Would absolutely love to! I'll give you a PM and see if I can make my way over on the weekend, hopefully you'll be free as well ahahah.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:58 PM
Jagdwagen
Track Day

Originally Posted by Twintipin13
Yeah I saw that on pop up as well. Someone is selling a one owner RED GTS all the way in Montreal, very nice looking car. Problem is its got 220,000 KMs on it.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:53 PM
Twintipin13
Instructor

There is a guy in Edmonton selling a mint GTS in silver with 2 sets of wheels, only 126,000 km on it asking 20k. I was going to buy it but the boat I was hoping to buy came available so I need a less expensive tow vehicle. He will probably be listing it this weekend on kijji.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:05 PM
porschefan931
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I saw that on pop up as well. Someone is selling a one owner RED GTS all the way in Montreal, very nice looking car. Problem is its got 220,000 KMs on it.
Problem or negotiating tool? It depends on how it accumulated those miles and if it was looked after. I've just passed 300k on mine and the majority of the miles were from the previous owner commuting from Calgary to Grand Prairie which is a 1400 km round trip. It was serviced extensively by the main dealer and wanted for nothing. I paid $20k CAD for it 5 years ago and it has the E81 upgrades, still less than some regular turbos are going for now, If you're planning on it as a keeper and it's been looked after, why not negotiate the price.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Jagdwagen
Track Day

There is a guy in Edmonton selling a mint GTS in silver with 2 sets of wheels, only 126,000 km on it asking 20k. I was going to buy it but the boat I was hoping to buy came available so I need a less expensive tow vehicle. He will probably be listing it this weekend on kijji.
Oh okay right on, do you know the guy personally? Did you get to see the GTS in person? I will have to wait till he puts it up on Kijiji haha.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:34 PM
Jagdwagen
Track Day

Originally Posted by porschefan931
Problem or negotiating tool? It depends on how it accumulated those miles and if it was looked after. I've just passed 300k on mine and the majority of the miles were from the previous owner commuting from Calgary to Grand Prairie which is a 1400 km round trip. It was serviced extensively by the main dealer and wanted for nothing. I paid $20k CAD for it 5 years ago and it has the E81 upgrades, still less than some regular turbos are going for now, If you're planning on it as a keeper and it's been looked after, why not negotiate the price.
Yeah definitely agree with you there, could most definitely be a bargaining tool. My dad's got a LX470, bought it at 320,000 KMs, its at 384,000 KMs now with not a single problem other than a throttle body sensor (gotta turn the vehicle on twice and it runs for the rest of the day flawless ahah). I tried phoning the dealer with the Red GTS, no reply, round two tomorrow. They're asking $17000, which has been reduced from $18000, so not sure if they would even budge at this point. That 120,000 Silver GTS mentioned above at an asking price of $20,000 looks real promising right about now ahaha.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
Old 11-23-2017, 02:48 PM
Twintipin13
Instructor

Oh okay right on, do you know the guy personally? Did you get to see the GTS in person? I will have to wait till he puts it up on Kijiji haha.
I never got a chance to see it in person, but from the photos he sent it looked amazing. I'm actually a little choked I can't pick it up. I could probably send you his contact info if your interested.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:21 AM
Jagdwagen
Track Day

I never got a chance to see it in person, but from the photos he sent it looked amazing. I'm actually a little choked I can't pick it up. I could probably send you his contact info if your interested.
Yes please that would be great. If he is asking $20,000 then he might consider an offer of $17,000-$17,500.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Twintipin13
Instructor

Yes please that would be great. If he is asking $20,000 then he might consider an offer of $17,000-$17,500.
He was firm on price, 20,500 for the GTS and 2 sets of wheels (stock + winter setup with Studded haka 8's) or 18500 and with the stock wheels. Still a really good deal though
Old 11-25-2017, 11:35 PM
Jagdwagen
Track Day

He was firm on price, 20,500 for the GTS and 2 sets of wheels (stock + winter setup with Studded haka 8's) or 18500 and with the stock wheels. Still a really good deal though
Oh gotcha. Can you PM me his info?

Quick Reply: Purchase: 08 Cayenne S or 04 Cayenne Turbo