Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric and abs failure

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 09:25 AM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

Thanks for the update. Often we hear nothing after replying with a fix suggestion.

You saved a bunch of $$ with the DIY ABS pump swap.

Maybe use some of the savings to have a P dealer cal the steering sensor.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:01 PM
VulcanGrey
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Martynban
So as a follow up to my abs issue. I tried reseating the abs connector as advised but to no avail.I had read on a vw forum about the circuit board in the abs module being an issue over time and its the same module shared by the cayenne. So i found one on ebay and bought it. My issue ended up being the actual pump itself. The bearing inside the pump was destroyed and the pump could not spin. So bad i couldnt even remove it from the abs manifold. Replaced the whole unit and abs is funtional now. Now my only remaining issue is calibrating the steering angle sensor which i cant do using the durametric as even after the software update its extremly temperamental with its connection to the psm. Apparently they are working on a fix but so far it seems like a waste of money. I washoping it would be like the vcds was i had for vw but its not even close.
Did you try the normal procedure for calibrating the steering? "Start the car, turn the wheel 20deg each way and then drive forward at about 5mph." Mine reset right away after doing this, which was after clearing all other faults with Durametric.

Quick Reply: Durametric and abs failure