Creeks, Squeaks, Rattles. - Interior Noises - 05 Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 07:04 PM
malimt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creeks, Squeaks, Rattles. - Interior Noises - 05 Cayenne Turbo

Greetings to all the fellow Forum members,

I made a post about a week ago regarding the passenger side A/C vent making a 'hissing/ticking' noise which I still haven't been able to resolve. Unfortunately, now I'm experiencing even more problems with the Interior. While driving on the highway, I'm hearing some creaks, squeaks and rattles mainly from the driver-side front dashboard on the left kind of where the speaker sits except I've checked the speaker and that is not the cause of the problem.

The rear right side behind front (passenger) side is giving out some noises too. I checked the door, seems fine... I checked all over the headliner, checked the seats, checked the sun shade cover for the trunk, checked all the headrests, everything seems to be in order and fine. However, the noise is still present on rough/bumpy roads. These noises are all new and weren't there before. Also the steering wheel has started to make some 'clicking' noises... Every time you turn it every 45 degrees it makes a clicking noise. Nothing serious or all that bad that bothers me but since we are on the topic of interior noises thought I should bring it up. My main goal is to fix the interior noises.

Mechanically, the car has exceeded my expectations because I didn't think it would be as good as it has been so far with so little maintenance. Hopefully, it'll continue to keep me satisfied. "Knock on wood."

However, I must admit that I'm severely disappointed with the Interior build of the car, it's quite possibly the worst I've ever experienced when it comes to quality, I have read a lot of posts about similar noises that I'm experiencing and it seems that most owners are not satisfied with the "interior build" as well.

My plan is to completely open up the front dash area and see if there's something loose around in there that could be put back into place or perhaps needs tightening.

My question: Is it possible to disassemble the front Driver side dash area? Where the speaker kind of sits on the left side, I would like to take the whole thing apart if I'm being honest just so I can see what the hell is going on in there. If possible, how would I go about doing that? Any tips? Any guides posted in the forums here or elsewhere I could check?
- Found a couple of videos but they weren't all that useful...

I Would very much appreciate some help with this.

Thanks for viewing.

Last edited by malimt; 09-29-2017 at 03:27 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:21 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

That is odd...my 2006 Turbo is dead-silent, at all speeds. My 2005 Cayenne S had an annoying cargo cover squeak. With the 2006 Turbo - it's quiet as a church mouse. Did yours live a rough, previous life?
Old 09-29-2017, 04:20 AM
malimt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilberto
That is odd...my 2006 Turbo is dead-silent, at all speeds. My 2005 Cayenne S had an annoying cargo cover squeak. With the 2006 Turbo - it's quiet as a church mouse. Did yours live a rough, previous life?
Dilberto,

you're very lucky man! I wish I could say the same about my Cayenne Turbo.
Not that I'm aware of. It's been working perfectly fine for the last month. Suddenly, I'm experiencing all these noises in my interior and it is really bothering me.
I would like to disassemble the whole front dash area to see if there's anything I can do to resolve it. I do require some advice though.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:49 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

The front dash has an area that is separated by sound-deadening rubber tape, underneath. It is between the leather and plastic, by the windshield.

Quick Reply: Creeks, Squeaks, Rattles. - Interior Noises - 05 Cayenne Turbo