Sponsored by:

Gurgling Sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Vic Rola
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gurgling Sound

Have a gurgling sound emitting from the dash area under light acceleration.
Vic
Old 09-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 997 Likes on 530 Posts

That almost sounds like air in the coolant system.

Either that or you have a sea sponge stuck in the dash.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:31 AM
BlackTurboS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a similar sound on my 09 Turbo S. After investigating it is a bad servo motor that can't correctly adjust the air vents internally for feet/defrost/cabin so it cranks in a stuck position and makes a sound like gurgling water. Figured I would mention it because this servo is a common problem and is replaced on many posts on this forum.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:29 PM
GreasyV8
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackTurboS
I have a similar sound on my 09 Turbo S. After investigating it is a bad servo motor that can't correctly adjust the air vents internally for feet/defrost/cabin so it cranks in a stuck position and makes a sound like gurgling water. Figured I would mention it because this servo is a common problem and is
replaced on many posts on this forum.
So glad you made this thread as I've heard this noise for a while and have been trying to think of the best way to describe it before posting..

I have the same problem in my 03' CTT. I thought it was coming from the front diff as it was only noticeable when doing low speed manoeuvres/pulling off.

I also have an annoying mechanical noise / working noise coming from my centre vents (sounds like a disc being read in my cd slot over and over) and so thought it was my interface but have since narrowed it down to the air con/heating system. Could I potentially kill two birds with one stone by replacing this servo motor?

Is there any reason/explanation/guesses why the gurgling sound can only be heard at very low speed moves?

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Gurgling Sound