Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Routing/location of tailgate antenna wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 07:16 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 236 Posts
Default Routing/location of tailgate antenna wiring?

Hi guys.

2012 Cayenne.

I need to locate the antenna wiring going to the tailgate spoiler assembly.

Anyone know where this wire bundle is routed from the roof and down to any main wiring loom?

Thanks in advance,
Tore

Last edited by ToreB; 09-25-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:19 AM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
Hi guys.

2012 Cayenne.

I need to locate the antenna wiring going to the tailgate spoiler assembly.

Anyone know where this wire bundle is routed from the roof and down to any main wiring loom?

I also need the schematics for this car model, anyone having a PDF version? PM me.

Thanks in advance,
Tore
The wire looms are routed next to the hatch hinge through a plastic wire chase that clips to the hinge. There is a chase on each side. You will need to remove the inner panel at the top of the hatch, and the side panel to access it. Both panels are only held in place by clips, but both pretty easy to remove.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:31 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Fantastic, thank you Avec.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 09-25-2017, 01:45 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Tore, I'm moving this to the 958 subforum - since that's what you're asking about.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:23 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Avec
The wire looms are routed next to the hatch hinge through a plastic wire chase that clips to the hinge. There is a chase on each side. You will need to remove the inner panel at the top of the hatch, and the side panel to access it. Both panels are only held in place by clips, but both pretty easy to remove.
There are two flexible conduits into the top of the liftgate. The right-hand side (passenger) is crammed tight, as it also includes the washer fluid hose. The left (driver) side is 'less congested' but not by much. I ran a dashcam line through the left side and it was a challenge. You want to be VERY careful not to use anything sharp when trying to add to it. Otherwise you'll risk puncturing the insulation on what's already in there. I used some fridge icemaker tubing.

If you get to the point of needing to remove the spoiler, I posted a picture of the service:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post14293118

I also posted about how I installed my dashcam.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:25 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

wkearney99, thanks!
I have tried to remove the outer (plastic) part of the rear spoiler, and removed the outer two screws and the two nuts as shown in the pic from the Service manual. However, I was not able to remove the spoiler. It was somewhat loose on the sides, but there must be some very firm clips or something along the edge that holds it. I did not dare to pull very hard, it was not my car.

The 2011/later models seem to have a different construction than the earlier models. The antenna amplifier is placed above the car lining, and not in the spoiler. The rear windows also seem to have 2-3 embedded antenna wires, in addition to some in the spoiler plastic piece.

Cheers,
Tore

Quick Reply: Routing/location of tailgate antenna wiring?