Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Default What do you guys think of this build? 2017 CTT

Base - Cayenne Turbo
0P9 - Sport Exhaust System In Black
0PA - Deletion Of Model Designation
2T - Jet Black Metallic
3S5 - Roof Rails In Black
5ZF - Porsche Crest On Headrests (front And Rear)
6F8 - Center Console Armrest With Model Logo
6GH - Wheel Arch Extensions In Exterior Color
6Q7 - Gear Selector In Aluminum
8T3 - Adaptive Cruise Control With Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
AAU - PORSCHE Logo Painted
C9N - 21" Sport Classic Wheels In Jet Black Metallic With Wheel Arch Extensions
IV1 - Connect Plus
MI - Leather Interior In Black/Saddle Brown
PJI - Premium Package Plus
QJ4 - Exterior Package In Black (High-Gloss)
Old 09-16-2017, 12:17 AM
leek
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also thinking of replacing the 08 CTT with 150K miles but probably will wait for the next body style. Your build list looks good, assume this comes with PDCC? The leather trim was nice, I ended up running 19" wheels with all weather high performance tires here in NW it seemed fine and I lost less tires to potholes than the 21's. The Pano roof started to alarm me so I only use it occaisionally, the light is nice in the winter.
I am still not quite ready to get rid of the old girl is really behind the decision to wait for the new body style. That and the fact that they won't give you anything for them. My car probably averaged close to 10% depreciation per year but I have really enjoyed driving it for the last 10 years. Worth it I think...
Old 09-16-2017, 09:55 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
Base - Cayenne Turbo
0P9 - Sport Exhaust System In Black
0PA - Deletion Of Model Designation
2T - Jet Black Metallic
3S5 - Roof Rails In Black
5ZF - Porsche Crest On Headrests (front And Rear)
6F8 - Center Console Armrest With Model Logo
6GH - Wheel Arch Extensions In Exterior Color
6Q7 - Gear Selector In Aluminum
8T3 - Adaptive Cruise Control With Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
AAU - PORSCHE Logo Painted
C9N - 21" Sport Classic Wheels In Jet Black Metallic With Wheel Arch Extensions
IV1 - Connect Plus
MI - Leather Interior In Black/Saddle Brown
PJI - Premium Package Plus
QJ4 - Exterior Package In Black (High-Gloss)
The center console armrest embroidery seems a bit much, as I prefer a smooth surface. But otherwise it stacks up well. As for PDCC, without it you're not put at as much of a disadvantage as was the case with older, heavier models. That and you're free of one less complicated hydraulic system to maintain/fail.

I'd wonder what rubber is on the 21's. Probably all-seasons, but if they're summer tires then I'd look to consider replacements with something best suited for your local weather. I have 20 all-seasons and 19 winters on my '17 GTS. There's a difference in ride softness between them but not enough to be a problem. The big difference is in the rubber compound for winter, it has better traction when it's below 50F.

Personally, I find the ride on 21s a bit harsh and wouldn't get them if I new there was going to be any kind of rough road during my regular use. The reduced sidewall height on 21s is less forgiving toward rim damage on poorly paved roads.

Overall looks like a nice set of options in that one. How's the price?
Old 09-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by wkearney99
The center console armrest embroidery seems a bit much, as I prefer a smooth surface. But otherwise it stacks up well. As for PDCC, without it you're not put at as much of a disadvantage as was the case with older, heavier models. That and you're free of one less complicated hydraulic system to maintain/fail.

I'd wonder what rubber is on the 21's. Probably all-seasons, but if they're summer tires then I'd look to consider replacements with something best suited for your local weather. I have 20 all-seasons and 19 winters on my '17 GTS. There's a difference in ride softness between them but not enough to be a problem. The big difference is in the rubber compound for winter, it has better traction when it's below 50F.

Personally, I find the ride on 21s a bit harsh and wouldn't get them if I new there was going to be any kind of rough road during my regular use. The reduced sidewall height on 21s is less forgiving toward rim damage on poorly paved roads.

Overall looks like a nice set of options in that one. How's the price?
Thanks for the response. This one has been sitting at a Dealer for several months now and is around 138k. Not bad for a brand new CTT. However, with the new 2018 version out it may become increasingly harder to move. Not a big fan of new cars especially when I can a decent relatively low mileage one owner vehicle for under 60k....certified.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:43 PM
19psi
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 100 Posts

Is 2T a real black or does it have flake specs which make the car look like it's covered in a layer of dust?
Old 09-16-2017, 02:37 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
Thanks for the response. This one has been sitting at a Dealer for several months now and is around 138k. Not bad for a brand new CTT. However, with the new 2018 version out it may become increasingly harder to move. Not a big fan of new cars especially when I can a decent relatively low mileage one owner vehicle for under 60k....certified.
True, depreciation is harsh. "New" without being custom-ordered is perhaps hard to justify without lots of discounting. "New to you", aka used, has the same compromises of someone else's choices along with potential abuse, but is at least less expensive. When you can find a used one spec'd out to your likely it's a definitely something to consider. But that one's spec'd out pretty decently if you're into that whole 'murdered out' all-black look.

Me, I went with a new '17 because I wanted the newer style PCM and my own option choices. I regularly keep vehicles for over 10 years, and don't expect differently with this one, so I'm less concerned about depreciation. I'll enjoy it, regardless of market value.

I absolutely refuse to buy 1st year iterations of any vehicle. I prefer to let someone else be the guinea pig for the inevitable new model 'issues'. One would like to think Porsche would have their act together to reduce that likelihood... but I'm nowhere near that naive/optimistic.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 19psi
Is 2T a real black or does it have flake specs which make the car look like it's covered in a layer of dust?
Basalt Black is the metallic dusty black you are referencing.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:35 PM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Received 163 Likes on 126 Posts

115 OTD

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of this build? 2017 CTT