Air Compressor Hose Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 01:05 AM
dapopa9
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Air Compressor Hose Not Working

Air Compressor Hose Not Working

If I screw the air hose into the connection under the passenger seat it no longer puts out any air. It may blow air out for about 1-2 seconds but that's it. It's almost like the air tank is empty. I had a flat tire that I was airing up fine for a couple minutes then it just stopped - I thought maybe it just needed to recharge or something however that was a couple days ago and it still doesn't work today.

My air suspension up/down still works fine. And the dashboard still displays the notification when I screw the hose in.

Any ideas what the issue may be?
Old 07-29-2017, 05:24 AM
Stringbag
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

I have exactly the same issue.
Its the same hose as the touareg and a quick Google search reveals it's a common problem.
On mine, the section of hose from the tyre to the dial seems ok - if you undo the plastic screw the tyre deflates. As it should do.
I cant work out if it is the section of hose from the car to the dial that has collapsed internally or the valve/dial that is faulty. Have you undone the brass screw to see what happens?
Old 07-31-2017, 01:28 PM
digitaljok
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are probably already aware, but just fyi the ignition needs to be on (engine can be on or off) for the compressor to work. It's thrown me for a loop before, in any case good luck with the diagnosis.

Quick Reply: Air Compressor Hose Not Working