Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mr. Haney, super impressed with the build...

Old 07-25-2017, 06:49 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Mr. Haney, super impressed with the build...

Hey brother, just a shout out-- if that is your build on the Kickstarter/video for the Syvek tune, well done. I am excited you chose the 955 TT for your build, and it is going to be a definite plus for the relatively new enthusiast community, which is always a good thing.

For those who haven't seen...

https://www.gofundme.com/syvecs-pnp-kit-porsche-955-cayenne/

Bravo.

Matt
Old 07-25-2017, 07:57 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt O.
Hey brother, just a shout out-- if that is your build on the Kickstarter/video for the Syvek tune, well done. I am excited you chose the 955 TT for your build, and it is going to be a definite plus for the relatively new enthusiast community, which is always a good thing.

For those who haven't seen...

https://www.gofundme.com/syvecs-pnp-...e-955-cayenne/

Bravo.

Matt

Wow! No wait a minute........WOW! Thank you Matt! I would have never seen this coming. Especially since my matter of fact blunt nature doesn't translate very well. Irregardless I REALLY REALLY appreciate that.... and this. I'll take all the help I can get. I was shocked when I visited the crowdfunding site and saw how much people donate to random things. I figured it couldn't hurt any to try. Since I do not do ANY type of social media, (matter of fact I am somewhat against it much to my demise in this instance) I knew it would be tough for me to promote it myself. I appreciate anything the community has to offer as far as passing on the word.
You know, I don't claim to be some great tuner or builder, and this isn't my first rodeo. However I have real passion for the Cayenne. Not for what I want it to be, but for what it is and what it can be. I'm a modest guy with a love of all things with a throttle. I operate a Trimble UTS Motorgrader for a living doing excavation and grading, etc., for the last 19 yrs. While it pays very very well, I am not quite at the disposable income level yet where the Syvecs makes sense for me on this alone. Plus I'm goaling to start my own company and this probably will be my last venture with an engine for a while. I have worked soooo hard reading and digging and researching and grinding and welding and reading (I love to read) to ensure that this would be a success. Apparently I am the only freak out there that wanted this enough to go as far as I have and frankly I cannot afford anything less than complete success. So, even if its not right away we are going to make this a reality. I owe a BIG BIG thank you to Ben over @ Lozano Bros. Porting who did all my machine work and spec'd some things for me. Like many race engine builders this mode of buisness was an exception for them and not the rule.
I have talked with Ryan Griffith over @ Syvecs a bit and he is a true gentleman. The product speaks for itself if you take the time to really check it out. I really think that even with the cost of a plug and play kit when and if it becomes available, it is money well spent and could open so many doors to exploiting the platform. I am a firm believer that the challenge is not so much in building these engines, having custom cams made, having transmission parts made or anything else that may be necessary, but in the tuning and making it a pleasure to drive with plenty of safeguards.
Just as side note for anybody interested, if you like the tiny amount I have showed so far, your going to love the big picture. I feel that I have managed to fit some of the most up to date and advanced turbo's into this platform. And there is room to grow. These EFR turbo's are NOT small by any means. I have done this all without moving a single thing unrelated to the engine itself without cutting a single thing on the car with the exception of the water tube that goes behind the passenger side turbo up to alternator/oil cooler and the front plastic shroud that feeds the radiator to accommodate the the intercooler hot side piping. With custom manifolds and custom oil and water lines, this becomes a true bolt-in affair that many could do on their own. The video's are a bit easier for me because they take up so much less time. Stay tuned to my channel for updates on the build. We can talk about whatever we want and get as stupid as we want without risk of offending those who don't align with our views or break any rules. After all, even I know that tuners/builders/forum owners have money to make and families to feed too. I feel that the video's are a better time and place for everyone.

Once again, thank you very much and bless you.

Last edited by J'sWorld; 07-25-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Because I made a retarded grammatical error... or two....but only needed to be fixed.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:25 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

I will definitely tune into your channel. Thanks for the reply! Been on Rennlist for a while, thick skin is a requirement here. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-25-2017, 10:03 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

You have done much to provide this forum with expert technical assistance...the least I could do is start with a small contribution.

BTW your blunt nature can be amusing, those on the receiving end are often deserving IMO.

Good luck Mr. Haney!
Old 07-25-2017, 10:26 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Bless you Rick!
Sending much luck and happy motoring your way. You get the title of the first to donate and I cannot thank you enough. There is no such thing as a "small" contribution.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:07 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I am going to throw some money in as well when I get to the office tomorrow. I can't wait to see it all together and it rejuvenates my interest in the platform to know that I could one day follow your footsteps and break through the existing barriers where the other tuners have left this car to hang out to dry.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Just threw some money into the "Piggy" bank. Keep up the excellent work!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:15 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Alrighty, I threw a few bones your way. Come on Rennlisters, let's get behind this! It isn't okay to complain about the lack of speedshop support and insane prices of BS aftermarket parts when an opportunity like this for greatness exists.

Mr. Haney is doing some amazing work and in addition to tens of thousands of dollars, he has spent countless amounts of blood, sweat and beers to get to this point. He is a blazing a trail for us all and doing it in a way that is replicable via CAD design, software, etc. that will allow us in the community to gain something by following his footsteps when we are ready to take the plunge on big hp.

To date a big part of all of our frustration is the lack of transparency from the engine builders in what parts they are using, the sources, and especially the outcomes. He is openly sharing his sources, data, work, and I am sure the outcomes that are forthcoming.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:33 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Lightbulb

Thanks guys! This is the type of village that raises baby MONSTER Cayenne's!

By the way, I want to make it clear that I will be providing 100% transparency on the WITHDRAWAL, USAGE, AND ALLOCATION OF ALL DONATIONS. I DO NOT INTEND TO WITHDRAW ANY OF THE FUNDS UNTIL THEY ARE READY TO BE ALLOCATED TO THE CAUSE AND PLAN ON PROVIDING PERIODIC SCREENSHOTS OF THE BALANCE AVAILABLE TO WITHDRAW SO THAT THE COMMUNITY AND FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTORS CAN BE SURE WHATS UP WITH THE MONEY!

Also I do not do ANY type of social media and do not plan to break my ways just for this. To be honest, the learning curve would be too steep and I just do not have the time to maintain it. I want this to be very organic and what the universe wants, not just what I want. To that end, I do ask that each and every interested party to not only think about monetary contributions, but also how they can further the dissemination of this cause to let as many interested or willing parties know. There are many ways to contribute!

C'mon guys and gals, we are only 2,395- $5 donations away from the goal!

Last edited by J'sWorld; 07-27-2017 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:52 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
C'mon guys and gals, we are only 2,395- $5 donations away from the goal!
...that's only two-hundred & forty $50 donations
Old 07-27-2017, 01:25 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Yep. Considering people are getting substancial donations for "causes" such as "Backpacking across America to find myself". I do have much hope
Old 08-05-2017, 03:33 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

let's keep this one up

I forwarded it to a couple of my other friends with 955/957s so we'll see if they chip in.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:15 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Big big thank you Lupo! The community and I are very thankful.

To further my thanks I would like to offer a copy of the copy of the Factory Service Manual to interested parties shared via google drive. (It's a big file) Officially, the service manual applies to the 955 however it is labeled as being applicible thru 2008. It has no DFI 4.8 engine info. Everything else applies. I have given out probably a hundred copies for free over the years to fellow Rennlisters as I did not pay much for the gem of a find. Donations would of course be ..........optional!

I am also offering PIWIS services to people in need from Austin to the DFW area. Right now I am limited to ANY obd2 thru around 2012, depending on the model Porsche, until I get more cables. PM me for details.

It's too bad that this is the most active Cayenne forum, yet has the least structure. The most inactive forum 6speedonline, seems to have the most structure. Go figure? We the people can change this! Write your moderators/admins with your ideas. If anyone feels that this thread could be stickied, go ahead and tell somebody! Both forums are owned by InternetBrands BTW.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:39 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

How would you guys and gals feel about me turning this into a build thread of sorts? A while back I started a teaser with the intentions of doing a thread but something happened that pissed me off and it took a while for the admins to make it right, but they did. Seeing that I have been slightly heartwarmed at the support of the community I am having a renewed interest in showing ya'll the details. Unfortunatly youtube does not allow for a structured discussion and Its not fair to the owners of the forum for me to walk the line with a thread comprised mostly of video links to my channel. Thanks to the kind hearted initiative of Mr. MattO we now have this thread that could basicly cover everything.

Idea's? Suggestions?
Old 08-05-2017, 06:54 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

You're welcome! If you make it a stickie, people accesing via the mobile Garage Talk app won't see it right away but I'm not sure how many come here thru that particular app.

I'd say go for it and make it a build thread (prefferably with an ending ... be it happy or not ;-) hehe ).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mr. Haney, super impressed with the build...