Notices

Jackpoint Jackstands?

Old 04-22-2020, 10:30 AM
Hermes911
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Jack point stands

I’ve had them for years. They’re good. They were too heavy and large for my track trailer but perfect for the garage. Check the lift range on your Jack. Will it slide under your car? Will it lift your car high enough for the jack stand to slide under the chassis.
If you have a low clearance car like my GT3, you’ll need a low profile jack or a 2x12 block to raise the car enough to use the Jack and to slip Jackpoints under the car. They’re so durable they should last a life time+. Mine still look brand new.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:47 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Five
Bump. About to pull the trigger. Is there room under the Jackpoints for an exhaust swap on a 991 3RS? Thanks.
I am sure the answer is yes but I have no personal experience with 991 exhausts. I have a full set of 4 jackpoints. Could have gotten just 2 but I dont trust using regular jackstands on the tiny little jack points of my 997, especially surrounded by trim and non-liftable area as they are. Nice security as the lifting pad has a center pin that fits into the lift points. You have plenty of room underneath to do most anything short of dropping the engine, and extremely stable. Unless the 991 needs a crazy amount of room under the car to take off the exhaust (unlikely as I believe you still need to remove the bumper cover), I think you will be good.

One thing to note is make sure your jack will fit inside the jackstand base. I use the cheap harbor freight tools steel jack with them which fits perfectly and is low enough to get under the GT2:

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...ack-64264.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jackstands?