Notices

GT4 wing on a Cayman S

Old 08-15-2016, 05:43 PM
sdm100
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 108 Posts
Default GT4 wing on a Cayman S

I have been doing some research and like look of the GT4 wing but wanted to have a straight bolt on for my 2009 Cayman S that does not involve the addition to the hatch to support the wing struts which can involve shaving the edges of the hatch as well. that being said one of the wing manufacturers will do a straight bolt on GT4 for the 987 which just requires two struts drilled into the hatch and then attach the wing. No other modifications needed. Price anticipated to be $1195 but if we can get at least 5 interested parties then we will get a discount and actually get it produced. Please send me a PM if interested. Here is an example of their work. The wing will be different in that the wing will have two straight bolt on struts to the rear hatch
Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2016, 11:25 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts

Would be good to see a rendering, mock, or illustration of what they are going for in their strut and mounting. Will it require the existing retractable wing be disabled, or replaced with a blank?
Old 09-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Tsmith84
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GT Racing is doing this as well. They already have the wing done and are just about finished with the uprights. Should be out soon, I will be installing the prototype on my 987. They also have the Cayman R wing and uprights completed. It would be well complimented by their aerokit replica front splitters or cayman R front splitters, both of which are complete as well.

http://www.gt-racing.com/987-981-cayman-parts/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT4 wing on a Cayman S