Why I modify my cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Arch1t3ct
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Why I modify my cars

http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/why-i-...ars-1775925739

I'm usually pretty against re-posting kinja articles in other places, but I thought this was a rather poignant piece of literature that strikes very close to home with me. This being a Porsche forum, I'm sure there are plenty of purists that feel that changing anything on the car is hearsay because the Germans can not engineer wrong. On the other hand, I'm sure that there are others here like myself. Would love to hear your opinions.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:31 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I modify my cars to either delete what the DOT and EPA pussies required on the car at the time or to prep it for a purpose such as track.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:05 PM
Ran ran
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because it can bring excitement, and that's what life is all about
Old 01-11-2017, 09:05 PM
dp951
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Why modify our Cars David Pagan

I like to modify my cars because to me it part of the whole driving experience , to add to another's thought process, and see your own ideas or work come to life . with performance or body mods , wheels stickers ect it s the best part of ownership.

ITS about fun.... if purity is your thing great ....if modification is your thing great ...BUT at least drive it like it was meant to be driven.
Attached Images      
Old 06-04-2017, 11:41 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The will to modify is strong! Everyone has different taste & style, why not focus on it. Our cars are built for greatest mass appeal, to be approved by as many countries as possible, at the highest profit margin possible using parts (often) produced as inexpensively as possible.

If it's in your blood, half the fun is cruising the internet & magazines looking at ideas. Envying some builds, being sickened by others.

My 991 GTS is as perfect a car as Porsche could make it given my points above. But it could be lower. Springs go on Tuesday. The shift throw could be smaller & experience a little less sterile... so function first bushing & GT4 SSK went on. It could be louder, so AWE next month. The list will go on... It will never be perfect & I will never be done. But that's the point! And each mod = more me and less you or anyone else. Which makes me happy.

Also will make me happy when car is lower and louder
Old 07-05-2017, 01:12 AM
AmyBowles
5th Gear

It will looks great and will provide better speed than before.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:24 PM
*991*
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 94 Posts

To modify my car is to make it my own make it different than most other cars out there. No matter how good Porsche does at making there cars there is always room to improve specific aspects of the car. Like someone else had mentioned for some of us it is a never ending journey to make your individual car your own.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:00 PM
mark.jorgensen
Intermediate

I agree it is all about the experience, I have always made my cars unique to me, I like to increase performance and at times try something outside the box. Every car and every driver is a different combination so why settle when you can make it the best it can be "for you".

Quick Reply: Why I modify my cars