porsche cayman s 2008-2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:55 AM
rossitaz
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default porsche cayman s 2008-2009

Hello guys/girls
I am just about to buy my first porsche and i have a few questions.
My first question is are there any tuning companys such as softronic that will put an induction kit/exhaust and a remap on in 1 package?
And second question if i do all these will the clutch be able to tollorate the extra hp going through it?
And does anyone on here meet up near oulton park?
Many thanks
Old 03-11-2015, 10:13 PM
arena-RTR
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rossitaz
Hello guys/girls
I am just about to buy my first porsche and i have a few questions.
My first question is are there any tuning companys such as softronic that will put an induction kit/exhaust and a remap on in 1 package?
And second question if i do all these will the clutch be able to tollorate the extra hp going through it?
And does anyone on here meet up near oulton park?
Many thanks
Welcome!

You have a long, very fun road ahead of you that is going to involve un-learning a lot of false information that is propagated around the car community (unfortunately). To answer your questions:

1. Yes, there are plenty of software companies that tune various Porsche engines, however this is probably the last place you want to start when it comes to modifications because it will yield the smallest performance benefit. Porsche is the most successful racing factory in the world and its engineers rarely leave very much room for improvement.

2. Exhaust systems will save you some lbs, sound great, and add a couple horses, but again- if you're going for performance, a lot of the time it's going to be a better value simply buying a more expensive/powerful Porsche.

3. While of course it depends on the specific year and model, in general, Porsche clutches can take a beating.

4. In America we have the PCA, but no matter where you are there will be a rabid Porsche following. I highly encourage you to find out whatever the local group is and get involved- they will be enormously helpful in your decision process.

Lastly, the 2008 and 2009 Caymans are different cars! In 2009 they changed the engine completely, so make sure you learn the differences before making a purchase.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:39 PM
rossitaz
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys thanks for your reply.
Yes i am aware they are different cars but due to my price range limit im on the edge of the 2008 3.4 ltr and 2009 2.9 ltr
I gathered the clutch would be able to take it tbh just wanted to have a dubble check as at my age irs an expensive thing to replace.
I am currently in you uk near oulton park race track in Cheshire.

Quick Reply: porsche cayman s 2008-2009