'01 Carrera Coupe Exhaust Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:12 AM
MgKenny
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Carrera Coupe Exhaust Recommendation

I am new here so hello to everyone.

I am looking for recommendations for after market mufflers. Also, I am looking for any good deals if anyone knows where they can purchase what they recommend to me.

I have not heard ANY after market exhausts first hand and have been looking at Ztek. They offer a 10 day 100 mile no questions asked return policy and are a little less expensive than the competition. Does anyone have any experience with these mufflers? I would like an aggressive sound with no resonance while cruising.

I know fabspeed is well liked from what I have read online, but a few things I read lead me to believe they are on the quiet side.

I currently have muffler bypass pipes on the car figuring they couldn't be THAT loud right? Wrong...

Since I already pulled the stock mufflers out, I'm not going to put them back in and would like to be able to drive my car again so I'm looking for input from people who have after market exhausts in their car already.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Ken
Old 08-02-2007, 12:48 AM
PORSCHEFIXXR
Cruisin'

currently my favorite to install and listen to is the milltek system. NO RESONANCE.
MOST POWER.
i am not familiar with ztek, and would personally try and buy the best for my car.
the fabspeed are ok, but not made with the greatest of consistency. check out evolution motorsports for some different ideas.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:36 PM
BReyes
Racer

I have what is called "Sport exhaust".

Quick Reply: '01 Carrera Coupe Exhaust Recommendation