94 Turbo 3.6 Headers, who's best?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 11:32 PM
Grumpy
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 94 Turbo 3.6 Headers, who's best?

94 Turbo 3.6

Looking for advice on who makes the best header. I am considering GHL, B&B, Powerhaus.
At this point I think GHL or Powerhaus are the most likely ones as I have heard of several reliability issues with B&B.
Also, I think I will run headers with the cat in place and no muffler, any opinions/advice on this is appreciated.

Thanks,
Grumpy
Old 01-13-2002, 07:06 PM
Peter Carroll/Toronto
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have 2 year old Powerhaus headers that were actually made for Powerhaus by GHL. I am quite happy with them on my 81 930.

I would assume GHL still makes them for Powerhaus. The easiest way to tell is just to compare the pictures. If they look identical, they most likely are.

I had to send mine back recently to fix a crack under the lifetime warranty. Even though I bought them from Powerhaus, GHL took them in under warranty - and with no proof of purchase provided.

So from a reputable manufacturer point of view, GHL gets five stars! The performance improvement is fantastic.

My current mechanic swears by the B&B headers. He's used them successfully for years. I'm sure both are functionally equivalent.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:00 PM
Dayton
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just make sure your buying headers that are equal lenght. also, inside the collectors there should be some kind of air guide often looks like a pen pointing out from where the pipes meet.
Good luck
Dayton
fvd-usa.com

Quick Reply: 94 Turbo 3.6 Headers, who's best?