Panamera GTS tuning and Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 11:06 PM
PorscheMD123
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera GTS tuning and Reliability

Hi all!

I'm in the process of buying my first Porsche, a 971.2 Panamera GTS. After test-driving many cars (RS5 Sportback, G80 M3, F90 M5, and Macan T) the Panamera GTS is just on a whole other level in terms of handling and fit/finish. But, given it has the same engine as the Turbo and Turbo S, I was wondering if anybody's given their car more power with a piggy back tune or an ECU flash? If so, I saw an older thread with some APR tuning fault codes for the transmission, is there a reliable work/solution around for this? Would love to add 200+hp, but only if it doesn't significantly affect the reliability of the car. Based on my understanding, the GTS TCU tuning isn't expecting a significant increase in torque like a stock Turbo or Turbo S, but other than keeping the torque lower with a GTS tune, has anybody run into other issues?

Last edited by PorscheMD123; 05-23-2024 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:57 AM
ChalkGTS
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheMD123
Hi all!

I'm in the process of buying my first Porsche, a 971.2 Panamera GTS. After test-driving many cars (RS5 Sportback, G80 M3, F90 M5, and Macan T) the Panamera GTS is just on a whole other level in terms of handling and fit/finish. But, given it has the same engine as the Turbo and Turbo S, I was wondering if anybody's given their car more power with a piggy back tune or an ECU flash? If so, I saw an older thread with some APR tuning fault codes for the transmission, is there a reliable work/solution around for this? Would love to add 200+hp, but only if it doesn't significantly affect the reliability of the car. Based on my understanding, the GTS TCU tuning isn't expecting a significant increase in torque like a stock Turbo or Turbo S, but other than keeping the torque lower with a GTS tune, has anybody run into other issues?
Hi There!,
I've got a 971 Panamera GTS Sport Turismo (MY2019), with 460Hp stock, about 1 month ago I've replaced all spark plugs, change the coolant, engine oil, oil filter, air filter (with a SprintFilter), and installed a set of downpipes for OPF Delete by RedStar Exhaust, because I'm in Europe, and then went for a remap on dyno. Stock Map with only the components upgrade, I've got 478 WHP. After the remap it goes at 638,77 WHP and 830Nm (all done with a 95/1/CE Regulation with K=1.029) and 25°C. All done by PowerKing Chiptuning here in Italy. For now I've got no issues or CEL, or any other issues with the PDK for now🤞🏻 (also have in program to do a PDK Oil Change in July). Personally, it's the best car I've had, you can cruise like in an S class, but when set on Sport or Sport+, it really change its soul. I suggest you to do a proper ECU Remap on Dyno, the important thing is to not exceed with power and also Nm of torque, the torque line has to be as linear as possible because the torque peak can damage the transmission. If you go catless you can go over 680+ but I think that is too much. With the sport exhaust system, in normal mode you can't hear anything, in sport is really loud from outside, I let a video with a little pull.
Just wanna ask if somebody has some advice on the Engine Oil, I'm using Mobil 1 ESP 0W40, has anyone any experience on it or any advice for something better?
PS: sorry for my English if i've made any mistakes, great thing from Italy!
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_6548.mov (6.48 MB, 11 views)

Last edited by ChalkGTS; 06-13-2024 at 07:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Panamera GTS tuning and Reliability