Notices

Secondary air injection delete?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 01:07 PM
Jacob Hallenbeck
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Secondary air injection delete?

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has deleted the seondary air injection system on their m96 engine? (specifically 01 986 2.7) it seems my valve has done out, and i was wondering if i install a block off plate, if the car will run fine that way? obviously id expect check engine lights etc, but i plan on getting the car tuned and believe the system can be turned off with that but i may be wrong. currently valve is leaking and causing very low power immediately after a shift so im just trying to figure out if i should repair it or if its something i can delete without to much effort. Thanks for any help you guys have
Old 05-02-2021, 12:37 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,510 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Sai is an emissions thing so u can block it off without hurting the motor. Its my understanding that the row cars dont have it but u may want to double check.

From a 996 stand point, thats what i have, i not sure how a bad sai can hurt the cars performance? There is a change over valve that defaults to close. R u sure u dont have an additional vacuum leak?
Old 05-04-2021, 02:32 AM
Jacob Hallenbeck
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Sai is an emissions thing so u can block it off without hurting the motor. Its my understanding that the row cars dont have it but u may want to double check.

From a 996 stand point, thats what i have, i not sure how a bad sai can hurt the cars performance? There is a change over valve that defaults to close. R u sure u dont have an additional vacuum leak?
Ill have to look into that and see then, i assume for the moment the valve is leaking because i have a too much flow code for the SAI. that said i also have one other issue to sort beforehand to make sure its not a symptom of a larger issue type deal. deleteing the SAI system also just seems easy to do and would net less possible headaches in the future i suppose.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:47 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

It exists only to run for the first 30 second after you start your car to heat the O2 sensor faster. It will throw a CEL if you disable it, but serves no other purpose.
The following users liked this post:
blazen244 (08-21-2021)

Quick Reply: Secondary air injection delete?