Notices

safety questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 09:32 AM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts
Default safety questions

I posted this on the GT3 Forum but got little response. I have a new to me 08 GT3. It has the club sport seats and the rear roll bar. I am looking for advice on what brand and specs to buy for the following. I will do 3-4 HPDE's a year.
  • sub bars for the front 2 belts
  • 6 point belts (2" or 3")
  • Hans device.
Thanks in advance,
Dave
Old 10-22-2020, 10:37 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by my first 911
I posted this on the GT3 Forum but got little response. I have a new to me 08 GT3. It has the club sport seats and the rear roll bar. I am looking for advice on what brand and specs to buy for the following. I will do 3-4 HPDE's a year.
  • sub bars for the front 2 belts
  • 6 point belts (2" or 3")
  • Hans device.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

You can also try posting in the Racing and DE forum. Club sport seats means the folding back bucket seats with harness cutouts correct? Sometimes also called Sport Bucket seats. I have these in a Cayman. For the substrap bar I went with the Cantrell motorsport part. I also got Cantrell side mounts to allow me to lower/tilt the seat slightly which I needed due to height. For 6 point belts, Schroth make a specific harness for the Porsche seats. The lap belts have sewn in eyelets that mount to the seats and allow you to maintain the 3 point belts. There are a wide range of HNR devices now. I have an older Hans sport and a Simpson hybrid. The hans works better for me in the sport bucket seats as the hybrid rubs a bit. Have heard the Schroth flex is good. Hope that helps
Old 02-01-2021, 09:49 AM
Robert Nixon
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts

For HANS, just about any brand will work, you should check whatever groups you will drive with and see what they require, regarding FIA or other certifications. For my limited track days I just went cheap and got a HANS from the Zamp company.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:42 AM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by zedcat
You can also try posting in the Racing and DE forum. Club sport seats means the folding back bucket seats with harness cutouts correct? Sometimes also called Sport Bucket seats. I have these in a Cayman. For the substrap bar I went with the Cantrell motorsport part. I also got Cantrell side mounts to allow me to lower/tilt the seat slightly which I needed due to height. For 6 point belts, Schroth make a specific harness for the Porsche seats. The lap belts have sewn in eyelets that mount to the seats and allow you to maintain the 3 point belts. There are a wide range of HNR devices now. I have an older Hans sport and a Simpson hybrid. The hans works better for me in the sport bucket seats as the hybrid rubs a bit. Have heard the Schroth flex is good. Hope that helps
My seats are carbon fiber with the cutouts but they don't fold. I've been told it's the same seat used in the CGT. While I could definitely stand to lose 20#'s these suckers are snug. I ended up going with the Brey Krause sub bars and the Schroth belts. I have not gotten the Hans device yet but since I have belts I want to stay away from the hybrid versions. Thanks for everyone's input

Quick Reply: safety questions