Any Experience with brake caliper stud kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 12:25 AM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 398 Likes on 164 Posts

We have used the brake caliper studs on our 2 "Spec Boxster"s- Just like the cup cars

It is also nice to use the stud for the brake line(s). Can't tell you how many times we've run across cross threaded or broken off bolts on customer cars.

--Aaron

We have the Tarett Studs listed on our site correctly categorized by your specific vehicle:

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook
Old 03-05-2024, 10:24 AM
Kethran
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kethran
I recently installed front and rear caliper and bracket studs on my base 981 using this video, which was a great help!

The one strange issue I encountered is that when trying to torque the front caliper nuts after reinstalling the caliper, my 12 point 12 mm socket was not seating on the nut completely and would slip before I could exert enough force to torque it. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, seems like the socket is bumping into the caliper before it can seat completely on the nut once it is mostly tightened down. Ordered a couple more sockets from different brands in hopes that one of them will work better.
Just to follow up in case anyone encounters the same problem. I bought a deeper socket and was able to torque the bolts with no problem. So definitely make sure to use a deep 12 point 12 mm socket.
The following users liked this post:
AAK GTS (03-06-2024)

Quick Reply: Any Experience with brake caliper stud kits