Notices

BBi Street Cup vs Emotion Engineering Suspension Packages

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 09:54 PM
JaxEddie
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default BBi Street Cup vs Emotion Engineering Suspension Packages

I'm looking to upgrade my 991.1 GT3 suspension and would like to hear from any Rennlisters who have real world experience with either of the two systems listed below, or comparable others for that matter. The suspension improvements will be supplemented with a DSC V2 and some weight savings with a side muffler delete.

https://www.bbiautosport.com/product...pgrade-package
https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pe...grade?carid=40
Old 07-17-2019, 07:11 PM
H4mmer
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I have sourced mine from Dundon Motorsport i built it in stages that was the recommendation by Jamie from dundon. I liked that approach. It simply come to you and how you want your setup. They gentleman running emotions is the same person who was doing the tuning at BBI a great guy who is a suspension guru. Joey (https://www.emotionengineering.co/about) is the man when it comes to these things and he has collaborated with dundon as they are the N/A gurus. i am very satisfies with my setup on a GT3RS 991.1.
The following users liked this post:
Emotion_Chris (02-26-2020)
Old 07-18-2019, 11:14 AM
JaxEddie
Advanced

Thank you for the reply. I have ordered the stage 4 kit from Joey which will be complemented by a DSC controller.
Emotion_Chris (02-26-2020)
Old 07-19-2019, 10:27 AM
H4mmer
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

That same setup on my GT3 RS . He advised me to keep the stock shocks. That was great as i was able to keep my lift kit function. Very happy with the result.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:30 PM
JaxEddie
Advanced

H4mmer I assume you do a decent amount of track work? Would you mind sharing any ride height adjustments and set up advice that you have learned? I've been to Sebring and Road Atlanta since the install of the new suspension components. I'm running 1mm toe out in front and 2mm toe in, in the rear. The shop that did the work had the car lower than I wish and the corner balancing needs some work. I have my local Pcar dealer doing a ride height adjustment and re corner balancing. I'm excited to get back to Sebring and VIR next month.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:05 PM
yojimbo007
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Curios.. are you able to clear parking cement blocks with the lift activated with lowed suspension?
Old 11-16-2019, 08:07 PM
yojimbo007
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by H4mmer
That same setup on my GT3 RS . He advised me to keep the stock shocks. That was great as i was able to keep my lift kit function. Very happy with the result.
Curios.. are you able to clear parking cement blocks with lowered suspension with the lift activated?

Last edited by yojimbo007; 11-17-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:12 PM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

JaxEddie what did you think of the kit at VIR and Road Atlanta?

What about the rear suspension package option from Tarett? Seems to be a better price...not sure about quality differences.
And did the change in springs make much a difference on the track?

https://www.tarett.com/items/996-997...sus-detail.htm

Thanks for any feedback
Old 11-19-2019, 02:17 PM
JaxEddie
Advanced

Turles sorry for the late reply. It's hard to put into words the driving benefits but it is there. Probably 1-2 seconds. I went with Joey's system because its packaged as a complete kit and he has a 991 GT3 himself which is very helpful. The tangible benefit is the adjust-ability you will have for your set up. I'm still working on my front castor and toe to get as perfect tire patch as possible. As you gain negative camber your castor will increase to levels that will become diabolical. Road Atlanta in less than two weeks. Sebring in December. You ready!?!
Old 11-19-2019, 04:34 PM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately car is resting up here in Canada until the spring. Likely going to Road Atlanta for 5 days at beginning of April. The winter will be used to make improvements to the car.

You guys have fun this winter while we freeze!
Old 11-19-2019, 09:37 PM
JaxEddie
Advanced

Btw I’ll be running Hoosiers r7 for the first time. Looked at the slick set up you have but not enough clearance, for me, running the pccb’s on the 19’s. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep up next time we meet at VIR.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:20 AM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JaxEddie
Btw I’ll be running Hoosiers r7 for the first time. Looked at the slick set up you have but not enough clearance, for me, running the pccb’s on the 19’s. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep up next time we meet at VIR.
The Hoosiers will definitely help...and yeah the PCCB's are more difficult with 19's. Enjoy. I'll be working on my suspension set up this winter.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:08 PM
Emotion_Chris
Former Vendor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Would be happy to answer any questions you have. Contact me through my website for one on one emails.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:59 AM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

I'm looking at installing some rear control arms and found that there is some sort of levelling module attached to what looks like the mid control arm. See pictures. All the aftermarket control arms are a different shape from OEM and I'm not sure how this levelling device would be reattached. Any ideas from you experience?

Emotion_Chris (03-17-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 01:05 PM
Emotion_Chris
Former Vendor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Mr. Turtles. Our replacement along with a few other after market brands have the tab for reattaching the level sensor. Although a few dimensions are different all the pertinent ones are the same as stock. They are direct replacement with no geometry changes. See the 3rd picture from the link

​​​​​​https://www.emotionengineering.co/pa.../991-rear-arms

Quick Reply: BBi Street Cup vs Emotion Engineering Suspension Packages