Coilover Choice For 997.2 4-5 HPDEs per Year - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Coilover Choice For 997.2 4-5 HPDEs per Year

Old 01-11-2019, 09:39 PM
mjdcolo
User

Default Coilover Choice For 997.2 4-5 HPDEs per Year

Been looking to change out my stock suspension for coilovers (not a fan of replacing just the springs). My plan is to run about 4-5 HPDEs per year (for this year. It might increase if I can find more time). Iím not too concerned about cost, if they are the right choice. However, $10k for Penske is not a choice I would make. $6k is my limit I guess. I have PASM, but Iím not too concerned about losing it for the proper setup. From what Iíve read PASM doesnít work quick enough for the track. Here is the list I came up with.

Olins Road & Track
JRZ RS Pro Sport
JRZ RS Pro 3
KW Clubsport 3-way
KW Clubsport 2-way

With only 4-5 track times per year, is 3-way overkill? Iíve got to think long term. Donít want to buy again.

Thanks for any input.

Matt
Old 01-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Scooby921
User

DSC Sport Tractive DDA RT with their aftermarket PASM controller. A little above your budget, but it retains the variable mode damping for more street comfort while providing the ability to tune the damping reaction.

https://www.dscsport.com/porsche/#997
Old 01-16-2019, 03:24 PM
djm68
User

The recommendations for suspension choice depends on how much street driving you plan to do. If you are daily driving, I'd go for the Olins Road & Tracks; from what I hear they are excellent dual duty suspension. I got a great deal on some lightly used JRZ RS Pros and am very happy with them, but I do not DD my car (2012 Cayman R). Firmer than stock for sure, but livable enough on the street to get to events and an occasional fun drive.

DJM
Old Yesterday, 04:27 AM
Northquest
User

One of the characteristics with a JRZ damper is that you will get an even more comfortable ride on the street, dial it in as the factory suggests, and then an extremely more competent car when/if tracking by just adjusting the few clicks you also will be getting a recommendation on from JRZ.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: