Notices

Camber plates ?

Old 05-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Captscrub
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Camber plates ?

I track my 2015 C2S about 12 days a year. I am getting a lot of tire wear on the outside edges. My camber adjustment is maxed out at -1.5 caster 8.2 toe 0. I am getting new tires, either RE-71 or Cup 2s. But I want to add more negative camber. Another 1 degree negative would be ideal. The car is under a CPO so I can't do anything that would jeopardize that. I am looking at camber plates from Tarrett and Elephant Racing. They both look like quality products. Need recommendations on products and installation procedures. Thank you guys
Old 05-07-2018, 11:38 PM
skru_fase
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Interested too...
Old 04-30-2019, 10:06 PM
swartzzz
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

On a 997, It is smarter to add lower control arms to get negative camber. By doing this, this also adds to the track width. You may try this first.

When I started to track my 997.2, the suspension mods happened in this order:

1.) GT3 Sway bars and drop links
2.) GT3 Lower Control Arms and Mono-*****
3.) Champion Rear Adjustable Toe-Links.

It wasn't until I swapped the rest of the Rear upper Control Arms, trailing arms front and rear, and front toe links and coilovers, that I added Camber Plates in the front, and Rear Strut tower bushings in the rear.

I would be very cautious adding front camber plates without swapping the rear Strut tower plates as well, because they are ion-ball at the top.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Flatlined
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of like new front camber plates from Tarett or lower control arms that are adjustable. I’ll pm you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camber plates ?