Notices

Cayman 987.2 | JRZ RS Pro Install HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 04:42 PM
skeeler
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Cayman 987.2 | JRZ RS Pro Install HELP!!!!!!

Afternoon everyone.
Long story short.....I purchased a set of JRZ RS Pros from a fellow member a while back and just got around to installing them.
But the rears look like they are missing something. Maybe a collar or a sleeve/tab to secure it in place.
• Anyone know if this is a replacement part?
• If so, anywhere to source it?
• Or was I sold the wrong suspension completely????

Thanks guys!

Old 04-10-2018, 01:36 AM
Sveach756
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm not familiar with then 987 chassis but I just installed the same coilover on my 996 and the fronts were very similar. I assume the rear shock gets inserted into the upright and a pinch bolt holds the shock body. What you seem to be missing is an alignment tab that likely isn't needed.
Hope that helps.
Ps they're amazing shocks! Enjoy.
Shawn
Old 04-10-2018, 11:17 AM
skeeler
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Sveach756
I'm not familiar with then 987 chassis but I just installed the same coilover on my 996 and the fronts were very similar. I assume the rear shock gets inserted into the upright and a pinch bolt holds the shock body. What you seem to be missing is an alignment tab that likely isn't needed.
Hope that helps.
Ps they're amazing shocks! Enjoy.
Shawn
You were right on!
And before I explain, let me just say JRZ Customer Service is beyond stellar!!!!! Emailed them on Sunday, explaining the issue with pictures, and the next morning they responded and said the same thing. I was missing the mounting collar, and they would be happy to ship one out the same day!!! Part will be here tomorrow, and hopefully all will be good. All this in 3 days, from the Netherlands no less.
Can't wait to get it together and on the track!
Old 04-19-2018, 09:25 AM
russell263
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skeeler
You were right on!
And before I explain, let me just say JRZ Customer Service is beyond stellar!!!!! Emailed them on Sunday, explaining the issue with pictures, and the next morning they responded and said the same thing. I was missing the mounting collar, and they would be happy to ship one out the same day!!! Part will be here tomorrow, and hopefully all will be good. All this in 3 days, from the Netherlands no less.
Can't wait to get it together and on the track!
Had to pop in here and echo what you said about the JRZ customer service. I've had to contact them a few times about very minor things, and they go above and beyond to help. Bryan is super helpful and knows his stuff, it's great to know when you contact them you get in touch with someone who knows what they are doing, and really tries to help.

Quick Reply: Cayman 987.2 | JRZ RS Pro Install HELP!!!!!!