Porsche 996 Headlight Covers (all new design) - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Rennlist Classifieds > Parts Marketplace
Reload this Page >

Porsche 996 Headlight Covers (all new design)

Notices
Parts Marketplace A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:



Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:


Porsche 996 Headlight Covers (all new design)

Old 04-25-2017, 02:47 PM
  #16  
AndrewK996
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 102
Default

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price (no $ sign please): $350
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Brand New

Here are the pictures of the product before painting as requested. I included a front, back, and close-up picture.
Attached Images    
AndrewK996 is offline  
Old 04-25-2017, 03:10 PM
  #17  
ilikebigbumpers
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 79
Default

Originally Posted by AndrewK996 View Post
Here are some pictures from the fender and the back of the car looking towards the lights. Let me know if this is what you are looking for. I'll try to take a picture of the unfinished lights tonight.

-Andrew
that second pic from directly above the light looks almost 993. fabulous fit. i've been tempted by many similar products on ebay. but every one I've come across thus far are all flat and require coercing to achieve this kind of snug fit.
ilikebigbumpers is offline  
Old 04-25-2017, 11:33 PM
  #18  
Leadingedge
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Leadingedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 148
Default

Originally Posted by AndrewK996 View Post
Here are some pictures from the fender and the back of the car looking towards the lights. Let me know if this is what you are looking for. I'll try to take a picture of the unfinished lights tonight.

-Andrew
theythey look great. This area from behind, dodoea it look pretty flush?
Leadingedge is offline  
Old 04-25-2017, 11:34 PM
  #19  
Leadingedge
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Leadingedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 148
Default

Originally Posted by Leadingedge View Post
theythey look great. This area from behind, dodoea it look pretty flush?
Sorry About Phone Glitching. Hopefully you can figure out my question...lol
Leadingedge is offline  
Old 04-25-2017, 11:54 PM
  #20  
calbear
User
 
calbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 5
Default

Wow. Great job! Almost looks like a part offered by the factory!
It's nice that it can be taken off and back on easily.
calbear is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 01:28 AM
  #21  
AndrewK996
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 102
Default

Thanks for the comments everyone. @LeadingEdge Yes, that part does fit in flush and doesn't bulge out if that is what you are asking.

@calbear thanks for the compliment. That was the intention to make it look as OEM as possible. In fact, my non-car guy friends who looked at my car couldn't tell what I had changed, they just felt it looked better for some reason. I had to point out that it was a headlight cover. Unless you are a 996 guy and looking for that one seam where the light meets the fender, you really don't notice.
AndrewK996 is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 02:17 AM
  #22  
Leadingedge
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Leadingedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 148
Default paint shop labor

Originally Posted by AndrewK996 View Post
Thanks for the comments everyone. @LeadingEdge Yes, that part does fit in flush and doesn't bulge out if that is what you are asking.

@calbear thanks for the compliment. That was the intention to make it look as OEM as possible. In fact, my non-car guy friends who looked at my car couldn't tell what I had changed, they just felt it looked better for some reason. I had to point out that it was a headlight cover. Unless you are a 996 guy and looking for that one seam where the light meets the fender, you really don't notice.
please PM me with the labor amount your paint shop charged time wise to refinished them so i can get an idea what to expect, if you dont mind?
And is paypal cool? I think they will look good on my turbo.
thanks for all the answers and putting up with all the questions.
www.leadingedgecustoms.com
Leadingedge is offline  
Old 04-26-2017, 03:40 AM
  #23  
Leadingedge
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Leadingedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 148
Default

Originally Posted by Leadingedge View Post
please PM me with the labor amount your paint shop charged time wise to refinished them so i can get an idea what to expect, if you dont mind?
And is paypal cool? I think they will look good on my turbo.
thanks for all the answers and putting up with all the questions.
www.leadingedgecustoms.com
Leadingedge is offline  
Old 04-30-2017, 02:51 PM
  #24  
philooo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
philooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,310
Default

I am watingbto see more people make the jump with the headlight washer thing removed

but the washer thingy is needed to keep the headlight water tight

without it, if water reach that area it will enter the housing

but I am very tempted !
philooo is offline  
Old 04-30-2017, 11:38 PM
  #25  
AndrewK996
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 102
Default

I had a chance to do a test fit on a 996 turbo with headlight washers and the good news is the headlight covers cover the washer hole completely. See pics below:

Regarding concerns about water getting in: it looks like the hole is not connected to the inner part of the headlight so there is no worry of moisture getting inside the headlight lens (see picture). Despite this, I would recommend still doing a layer of weatherproof tape over the hole to be safe. Or better yet, doing a clear headlight protective film like Xpel over the entire headlight before putting on the headlight lens cover
Attached Images    
AndrewK996 is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 12:52 PM
  #26  
kardaddy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Andrew,
They gook great. I need a couple of sets.Is painted available? if so I need one set in seal grey metallic the other in black.What is the procedure to order?
thanks
Butch
kardaddy is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 02:44 PM
  #27  
ilikebigbumpers
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 79
Default

Originally Posted by kardaddy View Post
Andrew,
They gook great. I need a couple of sets.Is painted available? if so I need one set in seal grey metallic the other in black.What is the procedure to order?
thanks
Butch
OP, I had previously pm'd you about buying a painted pair. seems like i'm not the only one interested. too bad your painter is very strict about painting without seeing the car.
ilikebigbumpers is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 02:58 PM
  #28  
Leadingedge
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Leadingedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 148
Default I'll be your huckleberry

I'll paint them all for you. Standard option paint only.
Leadingedge is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 03:00 PM
  #29  
Leadingedge
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Leadingedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 148
Default

Leadingedge is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 12:53 PM
  #30  
kardaddy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Andrew,
I am not familiar with this site yet!
Just tell me how to order 1 set,
do you do paypal?
Butch
kardaddy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche 996 Headlight Covers (all new design)


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.