Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Toshiba laptop with Porsche software--SOLD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:43 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Toshiba laptop with Porsche software--SOLD!

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $250
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 356, 911, 912, 914, 924/931/944/951/968, 928, 964, 986, 987, 993, 996, 997
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Used

Toshiba Satellite A305 S6841 laptop computer, Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 1.83 GHz processor, 3 GB RAM, two internal hard drives, 200GB and 1TB, Windows Vista Premium SP2. Includes MS Office and Photoshop Elements. Excellent condition, everything works, has spent most of its life in my research center/mancave next to my favorite chair. Also includes all the stuff that came with it, such as the System Restore disc, as well as a complete Windows 7 full upgrade disc should you choose to go that route.

Now for the good stuff, the real reason you want it--it also has the Porsche PET parts lookup and diagrams software installed. This software is hard to get and even harder to install (at least it was for me, and I'm no computer neophyte), and it won't install on Windows 10.

It also has the Scantool MFC software installed. With this, you can peek in on the proceedings and see all the goings-on in your Porsche's most secret places. This is freeware, but it can also be a bit fiddly to install. To use this, you will need the T-OBD device from https://www.bergvillfx.com/ or similar.

Here is a great description of ScanTool and how it works, complete with screenshots, by Babalouie in Sydney. Go to this link and scroll about 2/3 down the page, when you see a shot of Minecraft on a computer screen, that's where it starts:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...-heavy-34.html

Shipping $15.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:36 AM
needavdub
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to purchase this, I don't think I can PM yet. I've been lurking since I bought by 996 Turbo but this is my first post. I sent you an email to your pelican parts email.

Thanks- Don
Old 03-03-2017, 08:00 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

2nd in line if this deal falls though.

Quick Reply: Toshiba laptop with Porsche software--SOLD!