Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Parts Marketplace - Old (https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-marketplace-old-217/)
-   -   SCAMMERS ALERT (https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-marketplace-old/970652-scammers-alert.html)

Jlewis1436 01-12-2017 04:40 PM

SCAMMERS ALERT

Two contacts as I'm looking to buy a use Tubi exhaust.

First was a PM from Phoenix604

This name was also associated with the seat scam thread.

I was also contacted by a member Mark001

He only has one posting offering to sell another exhaust. He stated he was local but wanted a PayPal deposit "gift" to hold the mufflers. He said another buyer was coming so if i wanted them, I need to send him funds.

If another buyer was coming, why did he offer them if he already had a deposit per his requirement???? SCAM!

Careful everyone, it only gets worse after tax refund season lol!

Matt(inMA) 01-12-2017 06:11 PM

Interesting in that I also received a PM from Phoenix604 with a link to a bogus Rennlist page looking for me to sign in, in response to a WTB thread I posted.

Thanks for the heads up....

Matt

Porschekalle 01-12-2017 06:17 PM

same here .. got one from Phoenix as well

zachsdad1 01-12-2017 06:18 PM

That asshole scammed me on a steering wheel.

arethusa71 01-12-2017 07:26 PM

There is another thread that I suspect. Hopefully I am wrong, but user murph550 has a Recaro Pro Racer SPG seat with OEM sliders for $300 - Aside from being an amazing steal, the listing has 2 inconsistencies in it. I reported the listing for investigation by the admin. I hope I am wrong... but everyone be cautious.

texcwa 01-12-2017 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Matt(inMA) (Post 13878767)
Interesting in that I also received a PM from Phoenix604 with a link to a bogus Rennlist page looking for me to sign in, in response to a WTB thread I posted.

Thanks for the heads up....

Matt

I too got one from Phoenix604 this morning, wish I would of seen this thread before I sent him an email about his response since I too had an add in the WTB section. Have not heard back but now know to block and not respond.

Mark in Baltimore 01-13-2017 12:24 PM

Making this thread a sticky to alert others.

nwGTS 01-13-2017 12:28 PM

IF YOU DO GET SO FAR AS TO LOG INTO THEIR FAKE SITE, CHANGE YOUR RENNLIST PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY. OTHERWISE THEY WILL HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR RENNLIST USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND SUBSEQUENTLY YOUR ENTIRE RENNLIST ACCOUNT TO DO WHAT THEY PLEASE. LIKE POST FAKE FOR SALE ADS AND MESSAGE OTHER USERS TO BAIT THEM.

Speedster911 01-14-2017 03:15 PM

Latest scammer responded to my WTB ad.

Robert Huffman / ruffmanrobert@outlook.com

Typical Paypal dormant send money by Moneygram . had 0 posts

rebrewer 01-19-2017 11:48 PM

You can report that email address to Microsoft, probably by abuse@outlook.com

Brig993 01-27-2017 11:06 PM

NEW scammer RL member R001 AKA "Roger Gold" email: roger.sparessalesltd@gmail.com - zero posts

responded to my WTB post via email sent photos of some wheels from a craiglists add posted in FL from 2014 said he had wheels could give me details about tires and sounded fishy and was mich. only wanted moneygram or paypal F/F did a google image search and found old photos.