Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

911/964/993 “Custom” Child Seat & Hardware

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 08:42 PM
G-MASSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 911/964/993 “Custom” Child Seat & Hardware

Category: Interior
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, 912, 964, 993
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

911/964/993 “Custom” Child Seat & Hardware

For free is a 1-year-old Britax Roundabout car seat and custom hardware for proper, secure mounting in the rear of a Air Cooled 911. Should fit any air cooled car, but this was installed in my 993. I no longer have the car so I’m “paying it forward”. I wish to recover only the full cost of shipping to your location.

I’m a mechanical engineer, and I came up with this solution after a lot of online research. In short, it entailed cutting the base of the child seat so the “footprint” would align with the 911 rear seat dimensions. The only cut area is the car seat load distributing part of the child-seat. In other words, the base of a standard child seat is large to distribute the load across a larger area of your vehicles rear seat. Cutting this back was (in my judgement) only risking damage or excessive local compression to the rear seat of any regular car. In the 911, you have no choice; the rear seat is just too small for a regular child-seat. Cutting the base to fit the footprint of a 911 seat allows the child-seat to be mounted lower, and further back in the car, giving ample front passenger room and most importantly, a safer, more secure position for your precious cargo.

This install requires rear seat back removal on the install side, and ideally uses the seat-belt anchors for BOTH rear seats. This is because a ratcheting tie down secures the child seat and that requires some room to operate which is not adequate unless you can reach over the opposite seat belt anchor. The “LATCH” straps and connector have been removed and discarded.

I will not “sell” this because I want there to be no implication of warranty, safety, etc. and I accept zero liability for this solution. But in my judgment this was a PERFECT solution to a problem many of us have struggled with.

Includes everything pictured: Child seat, bolts, Rennline anchors (not required for install, but can be used), custom steel brackets (used for install, better belt orientation), ratcheting strap (primary securing), pull tether (secondary securing), plywood panel to protect the rear seat cushion from localized imprints.

Free to a good home. You pay for shipping.

Greg
248-885-0603
Attached Images           
Old 10-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Nlu
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This looks awesome!

I'm local! Sent you a text.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:54 PM
G-MASSA
Rennlist Member

got your text. "sold"
Old 10-12-2016, 10:58 AM
carguy19
Instructor

If G-Massa doesnt take the seat please count me in as a second in line. Thank You. Very nice thing you are doing here.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:59 PM
Nlu
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up the car seat from Greg on Saturday, and had a nice chat with him.
A true gentleman, enthusiast, and engineer!
It was great meeting you; hopefully we can get together once my car is back on the road.

Quick Reply: 911/964/993 “Custom” Child Seat & Hardware