Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: Early 944 5spd Transmission with Limited Slip Differential and Drive Axles

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 10:40 PM
hagstir
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Early 944 5spd Transmission with Limited Slip Differential and Drive Axles

Category: Drivetrain
Price (no $ sign please): $850
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 924/931/944/951/968
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Used

Hi guys!

I am a brand new member here, but a long time lurker and regular Rennlist reader. I'll try to give as accurate a description as I can on this.

I have an '84 944/1 project and this 5 spd transmission was included in the deal. I believe this was original to my car, as the code (8Q30093) seems to match but I haven't double checked this against the option sticker on my car (not sure if it's still there ).

I am aware these are somewhat hard to find, but I am trying to build a meager budget for this spring and would rather let it go now than sit in my father's garage for the next couple of years till I get to it. I would assume the mileage on this to be 80-100k and it certainly needs a refresh at least. I have not tested it out but I believe the PO said a couple of the synchros were worn... though I am not 100% on that. I'm sure there's a reason why he removed it.

I'm located in Richmond, VA but the transmission is currently in Prince George, VA (about 30 minutes south). I can deliver this in the central VA area. I am willing to ship but the buyer would need to arrange this. Cash is always king, but I can also take paypal or a credit card if necessary.

If I've left anything out or you have any questions shoot me a PM and I'll do my best! Apologies for the awful pics, my dad is not so great with the camera phone
Attached Images     

Last edited by hagstir; 02-26-2016 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention it's a manual
Old 02-27-2016, 11:47 AM
hagstir
Intermediate

Bump, make an offer worst I can do is say no!
Old 02-27-2016, 03:08 PM
AgLiftPilot
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Does the LSD seem to be in good working order? When you turn the input shaft or one axle does the other want to keep turning in the same direction? I would love to purchase this and am not too far away from you down in Fayetteville, NC so can drive up to Virginia no problem for the right price.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:28 PM
hagstir
Intermediate

Hey there, I don't believe there were any issues with the LSD but I was planning on heading down tonight or tomorrow to check it out and take better pics, I'll be happy to update you when I do!
Old 02-28-2016, 09:44 PM
hagstir
Intermediate

Checked it out today, LSD is functioning as it should. here are a few more photos, the fluid on the plastic is engine cleaner from when my pop was trying to find the code
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: FS: Early 944 5spd Transmission with Limited Slip Differential and Drive Axles