Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: Pair of Porsche Factory 964 RS Cup Recaro Racing Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default FS: Pair of Porsche Factory 964 RS Cup Recaro Racing Seats - SOLD

Category: Interior
Price (no $ sign please): $6500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, 964, 993, Race Car
Location (Region): West
Item Condition: Used

Hey folks,

I have a very rare pair of Porsche factory racing seats for sale here. These are both Recaro made seats from the early mid-90s appropriate for either a 964 or 993 race car. I'd love to see these stay within the RL community and end-up being used in a cup car restoration or tribute. At the very least these would look smoking in someone's stripped down outlaw.

The authenticity and race heritage of these seats make these seats far more special than an ordinary set of SPGs or Pole Positions. They are priced accordingly. $6500 O.B.O. - SOLD!

I asking price is for the pair of seats with brackets included. I believe the brackets are new aftermarket brackets. I was told they fit 964s & 993s, but I haven't tested them in my own 993. These seats have clearly been used but are in very original authentic condition. I'll let their future owner decide whether to leave them as-is or clean them up. These seats are covered in cloth with stitched logos and friction padding on the shoulder pads.

These seats are located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Shipping estimates can be provided. A local buyer (or someone visiting the area for RRV) would be ideal! I am willing to ship internationally if the buyer provides me with a UPS or FedEx number to directly bill the shipping costs to.

In light of the various examples listed in this thread, I feel my asking price is quite reasonable. There are presently two pair of 964 speedster seats on fleabay with $12,000 and $18,900 Buy-It-Now prices. One of my two seats is nearly identical to a 964 speedster seat for a fraction of the price...

Both seats and brackets. Seat A on the left. Seat B on the right.

I firmly believe both seats were made for Porsche, as one seat (Seat A) has the iconic spider-web reinforcements on fiberglass shell that match 964 buckets made for Porsche. This seat has its Recaro label on it still but appears to be missing its Porsche part label. The second seat (Seat B) doesn't have the spider-web reinforcement and has the typical SPG reinforcement pattern, but it has this odd riveted reinforcement and brace. Seat B has Recaro, F.I.A., and Porsche factory labels.

Seat A Front

Seat A Back

Seat A Label

Seat B Front

Seat B Back

Seat B Recaro and F.I.A. labels

Seat B Porsche factory label with 964 part number.

Here is an example picture of comparable seats in an authentic 964 RS Cup car:

I will be present at Rennsport Reunion V, if any potential buyers would like to meet and discuss then. Ideally someone could pick them up after the weekend. Again these seats are located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Last edited by Spyder_Man; 10-04-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:45 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Bump. RRV is almost here!
Old 09-30-2015, 02:50 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Well after attending RRV this last weekend, I am a bit more knowledgeable about what seats came in what cars:

Seat A with the December 1990 manufacturing date matches exactly the seats that were in the black 1990 964 lightweight ("Leichtbau") that was on display. This seat would be appropriate in either an 964 RS in lightweight or race ("Cup") preparations.

Seat B with the December 1995 manufacturing date matches what I saw in a few factory 993 RSR cup cars in the pits. This seat likely had the bracing riveted to the back of the seat to meet changes in FIA requirements.

Again I am asking $6500 for the pair and I remain firm on that price. I am, however, now willing to sell the seats separately because I realize the two seats are for different vintages of Porsche racing history.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Both seats SOLD for asking.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:14 PM
hockenheimr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of similar seats if anyone is interested. They don't have the Porsche crest but they have a known and special Porsche heritage. Pm me and I can send more info and pics.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:56 AM
hockenheimr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My seats look more like the 993 one, and they don't seem to have Porsche numbers either but they were used in a Porsche race car with known Porsche drivers.

They came from this car: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...y-rsa-1-a.html

Very interesting history.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Perhaps, post some photos and/or start a new FS listing.

Quick Reply: FS: Pair of Porsche Factory 964 RS Cup Recaro Racing Seats