Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

*RARE 911 Targa OEM Hardtop*

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 11:45 PM
guards951
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *RARE 911 Targa OEM Hardtop*

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price (no $ sign please): $1850
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

My father picked up this top in a crazy deal along with a BNIB OEM hardtop, so he's been after me to sell this one for him to help recoup some of the cost so he can finish up the last of his restoration.
This is quite a rare piece, being only offered for 1 or 2 years here ('74 and/or '75?), and most received the folding targa top instead. I believe it fits '74-'85 Targas for sure, though it may fit earlier ones. It's a bit challenging to find much useful info about these tops!
The fiberglass is crack-free (no drip rail damage), the latches are present and fully functional, and both rear pins are in tact. The only issue that I'm aware of (I've never seen it personally, as he's still had it in the box when I've been in his shop lately) is the left front locating pin being broken, but these are no problem to find a replacement for.
It is also missing one of the caps for the holes on the front bow (same side as the broken pin), but I believe they are still available.

The seals are in good shape. The headliner is still fully in tact. A good paint job is all it needs to be show-ready!

It's in Mustang, OK.

It's a bit dirty in the pics he sent me, so I apologize for that.
He'd like to get $1,850+shipping for it.
Any questions or pic requests, feel free to post up or PM me. Again, I've never seen this top in person myself, but I can easily get you in touch with my father for intricate details until I get a chance to check it out. He's just not much of a computer guy, which is where I come in. Haha

Quick Reply: *RARE 911 Targa OEM Hardtop*