Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

SOLD: Fabspeed Center Muffler Bypass X-Pipe for 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 08:13 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts
Default SOLD: Fabspeed Center Muffler Bypass X-Pipe for 997.2

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $525
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 997
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

SOLD

Fabspeed's 997.2 Center Muffler Bypass X-Pipe is a direct replacement for the heavy and restrictive factory OEM center muffler. Fabspeed claims a gain of 12 HP, 15 ft/lbs torque, and a 5 pound weight reduction. Can be used with either the OEM mufflers and cats or any aftermarket mufflers that have the same fitment.

Constructed from high-quality 14-16 gauge C.N.C. mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel for optimum flow and maximum durability. There is the typical discoloration from heat, but mechanically these are in perfect condition. Mounting hardware is included but no gasket. You can usually reuse your existing gasket or if you'd prefer a fresh one it is a cheap purchase from the dealership.

I have been running the X-Pipe along with the Fabspeed side mufflers on the loud setting but I decided I wanted to step the sound level down a notch without dropping the mufflers to the quiet intake... I tried that but it was a bit too close to full-OEM sound levels. I went back to the OEM center muffler and found that when combined with the Fabspeed mufflers on the loud inlet I hit just the right sound level for me.

I will ship this via UPS ground anywhere in the continental US for the listed price. Sells for $795 new, so this price is almost 35% off plus free shipping. The first buyer to provide funds via Paypal takes it.

Installation is pretty straightforward, on each side there are only the 3 bolts that mount the pipe to the cats, the two bolts that hold the slip connector to the side mufflers, and one bolt for attaching to the OEM center muffler support bracket. One of the bolts at the top of the cat connector is a little tricky to reach, its the only one you need to get two wrenches on to keep it from spinning, two 13mm crescents are needed for this one. No need to remove the wheels or bumper, but getting the rear a few inches higher with either ramps or a jack and jackstands makes it much easier. I did just fine with jacking up just one side.
Attached Images        

Last edited by StormRune; 05-11-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 05-11-2014, 09:34 AM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 287 Likes on 171 Posts

I'll take it but have no idea where to paypal to.

Quick Reply: SOLD: Fabspeed Center Muffler Bypass X-Pipe for 997.2